losing weight while breastfeeding

les311
les311 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
My daughter is 7 months old and I am breastfeeding. I am back down to my pre pregnancy weight, but I still want to lose another 5-10 lbs. I have been at my current weight for about 2 months. I havent gained, but I also have lost anything. I am still watching and exercising. My daily calorie intake is 1450, plus exercise calories and sometime I add extra 300 for breastfeeding. Why won't I lose anymore weight? I have even changed my exercise routines

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    You say you 'sometimes' add 300 calories for breastfeeding. Try 'always' adding them. I also have a 7 month old and I increased my daily allowance by 300 AND eat back most of my exercise and still lose 1-2 lbs a week.

OR

It might have to do with WHAT you are eating rather than how much.

Add me if you like.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    You say you 'sometimes' add 300 calories for breastfeeding. Try 'always' adding them. I also have a 7 month old and I increased my daily allowance by 300 AND eat back most of my exercise and still lose 1-2 lbs a week.

OR

It might have to do with WHAT you are eating rather than how much.

Add me if you like.
    I agree...eat more, not less. If you are nursing full time, you should add 500 calories every day. Try adding some more protein as well.
This discussion has been closed.