Who here takes Probiotics?

Options
Hello!

I was hoping to get some info and advice from the ladies here who take probiotics. What kind of benefits have you experienced? Also where do you get them? Please keep in mind that I'm Canadian and we don't get all the fancy schmancy stores you guys in the US have. No Walgreens, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Target etc. Also, which brand do you use?

Thanks!! :D

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't take probiotics. But I did have a problem staying regular. I started using the "generic form"(cheaper store brand) of "Citrucel" and have not had any problem since. A lot cheaper then Probiotics and for me better results.
    It is a fiber pill but It is different then Metamucil. It does not cause gas or bloating. It just makes you regular.
    http://www.citrucel.com/ This is a site that explains the type of fiber. check it out.
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    Options
    I use a Digestive Advantage product called Intense Bowel Support, but they have several formulas including Sustenex. I buy it at WalMart for around $8 for a one month supply. I have noticed an incredible improvement in my IBS symptoms & I have also not gotten sick nearly as much as I used to while taking it, including stomach flu, viruses, etc. At first it makes you a bit "gassy" as your system gets used to it, but that evens out & it helps me so much. I have my 11 year-old son on the Lactose support formula as he is lactose intollerant (so am I) & he is so much better now too! It's definitely worth looking into & I have recommended this product to many people.

Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    Probiotics can be found at most any health food store. As far as brand, talk with someone at a health food store or a nateuropath. As far as what they are good for, the only thing I know is they help strengthin your immune system after taking antibiotics....It's good to have yogurt or something for a few days after. Regular grocery stores sometimes have probiotic yogurt, usually greek yogurt. Best of luck to ya hope that helps. :)
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've taken Probiotics for a couple years now. Before that I had horrible digestive issues that no one wants to hear about. I feel that they really keep my system in balance and reduce the bloating that I was experiencing. My Shakeology also has probiotics in it so I usually get a double dose every day. I get mine from Wal-Mart but you can find them at any drug store. I just get the Acidophilus (1 billion parts) and have found they are just as good as the name brands like Align.
  • aynajane
    aynajane Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I take probiotics. Heard about it from my mum, her doctor recommended it. The brand I use is Philips Colon Health, its a purple box, runs about $13.50 for 30 pills (1 a day). I found it cheapest at Target, I know that does not help, but if you do an internet search you should find it pretty easily. The Dr recommended it to my mum to clean out her system but she ended up dropping about 10 extra pounds as well. I have found similar results. It takes about a month to acclimate in your system but then with exercise it really helps your system not hold anything excess.

I find that the water weight is less and I feel less bloated. Overall, its a good product.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I take them. The brand I buy in Canada is called Udo's Choice...they have a few different kinds in that line. You should buy the ones that need to be refrigerated. They are stronger. They really help with my digestive issues. They make you super regular too!