need help with food choice for lunch

Options
i am going out to lunch with co workers today for a baby shower...what's a better choice:
1. Greek Salad: Romaine, Greek vinaigrette, tomatoes, cucumbers, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, red bell peppers
2. Spring mix, candied walnuts, sliced apples, honey glazed chicken breast, apple cinnamon vinaigrette
3. Ceasar salad without the dressing
4. Mediterranean hummus, cucumbers, grilled asparagus, tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, Feta cheese, spinach tortilla, garden salad

Any suggestions are welcomed

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    #4 no cheese.
  • chrissie1016
    Options
    I think the greek salad first but the Med salad seems more filling.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1 or 4. Two will have too much sugar and 3 will be extremely high cal.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Greek salad- ask for a grilled chicken breast on it if you feel it won't be enough food.
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    If you don't have dressing on your caesar salad and no croutons then you've practically got negative cals... but it doesn't sound like fun.

They all sound good and healthy for you, just ask for the dressing on the side :-)
  • aubreywygralak
    Options
    #4- w/hummus....mmmmmmmmmyumyumyum :)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    #1 is good...I'd pay attention to how much cheese they put in there. Usually it's not a lot, but 1/4 cup of feta has about 60 cals in it. I'd knock off the dressing too and get some lemon wedges or ask for olive oil on the side.

#2 Sounds yummy...but it sounds like there's a lot of sugar in it. "Candied...honey...apple cinnamon vinaigrette..."

#3 What good is a caesar salad w/o dressing? Blegh! If I'm having a caesar salad, it's going to be my spluge!

#4 can be good, except you have to be careful with restaurants because a lot of food is cooked in oil, and not a good kind. The asparagus in particular concerns me since it's grilled....you don't know what they're grilling it with. The tortilla, though it's "spinach" may be an issue.

Don't feel guilty for being a picky eater at the restaurant. Ask for what you want and don't accept any less.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i think 1 or 4 no cheese
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Whichever you pick if it is huge, ask the waiter for a take home container right away. People might look at you strange, but you will only eat half and then you can eat the rest for dinner.
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    They all look good...........but check your portion size. and ask for dressing on the side.

I've seen someone take a perfectly good salad, that is low cal, then dump 1000 calories of dressing on it.

I will order a lunch, and immediately ask for a take out, put half the salad in the take out. My personal preference is like Chrissi, I like the greek salad.....but its your personal taste. 20 years ago the we were all eating on plates that were 8inches, today they are about double that size.

And three cheers for asking..........you have already won this food challenge!!! Good for you!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I would take the greek and ask for the dressing on the side or ask for a light italian dressing substitute on the side. feta is a great cheese but like everything else eat it in moderation.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I would take the greek and ask for the dressing on the side or ask for a light italian dressing substitute on the side. feta is a great cheese but like everything else eat it in moderation.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would go with #1 or #4 With any dressings on the side and ask for lemon wedges or vinegar it need be to stretch the dressings.
  • capemaylover
    capemaylover Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think, since I am not a big dressing fan to begin with, that I will get the greek salad without the dressing and no feta cheese. I will also get the lunch portion, which is a lot smaller than the entree size. If not the greek then I will get the hummus and vegetables, but not on the wrap, or only eat half. Thanks for the advice!