Does anyone eat the calories that is alloted to them by exer

Options
I was just wondering if I should or shouldnt be eating the calories alloted to me by exercising. If I will lose more if indeed I do not. I want to do it right. Anyone have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This is nothing against the poster but seriously, this has got to be explained better on here. This gets asked 5 or 10 times a day.

kezell, do a search and you will find a vast amount of info on this, but in short, yes.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if I should or shouldnt be eating the calories alloted to me by exercising. If I will lose more if indeed I do not. I want to do it right. Anyone have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

You may lose more by not eating them, but you may also hit a plateau, as your body may hold on to everything if it is not properly fueled. You will lose your goal amount of weight by eating them. This should be a goal for a reason so there should be no need to lose faster than your goal (It is your goal to lose that much, not more or less). you also risk burning muscle if you don't eat enough to fuel your workouts which would further slow your metabolism down.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    This is nothing against the poster but seriously, this has got to be explained better on here. This gets asked 5 or 10 times a day.

kezell, do a search and you will find a vast amount of info on this, but in short, yes.

This and sex calories burned! lol
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine back.

If you don't have one get an HRM with cheststrap to help 'really' tell you what you're burning. That way you won't overeat back calories.:flowerforyou:
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight a lot faster than my goal is set too. I'm not hungry really as long as i have my meals and snacks. but if I get home, have dinner and go for a 5 mile walk, adding up what I had left for the day plus my exercise, I do not want to go to bed with a 1000 calorie deficit. On the weekends, I usually will walk earlier but have a few beers or something during the day. I I always shoot to be about 300 or 400 under my goal. if that means eating more to do it, then so be it.
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi Kezell, it's a very popular question, one I had when I started MFP. It is important to eat your calories back, it just like refueling your car. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode and lose muscle. So don't be afraid to eat them back~ I hope this helps you~ GOOD LUCK on your journey!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Yep! Every last one!
  • MTtobeHOT
    MTtobeHOT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP 4 days ago. I am having a hard time eating all the exercise calories too. I'm full after each meal and feel I am eating very healthy. I'm trying to eat the extra calories by adding snacks, but its been a challenge. I jazzercise almost every day for one hour and that 'adds' an additional 490 calories to my day. I'll see how it goes and try to increase as I go along. As long as I lose a little each week, I'm game to try to eat them all! :laugh: