I just binged on lunch :( GUILT

Options
I am just finishing my TOM and have been soooooo well behaved, had very few cravings this month...

And so lunch time comes today and I get sushi and bag of light crisps (chips) which is yummy and not too bad.... but then choclate was a must so I gave in and had a bag of minstrels :(

Does anyone else ever feel guilty when they know they ate somethignt hey shouldnt and ate too much?

I feel ill and bloated, used to love chocolate but it's just not the same anymore....

Replies

• mapexdrummer69
    Options
    If I go over my alloted calories for the day, I just brush it off and start over the next day. Keep looking at the long term goal, because that's what matters! Don't sweat it, get back on track.

Remember it takes 3500 EXCESS calories over your maintenance just to gain one pound. Judging by what you put, you are nowhere close:-)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    99% of people will have a binge or return to there old ways of eating, and probably will do it multiple times. The thing is to learn from the experience. You have now discovered that chocolate isn't as good as it once was, so you will now crave it less. This is actually a good thing as food will now have less power over you.

I still chide myself when I get something I shouldn't, such as the other night my wife wanted ice cream, so we stopped at sonic where I ended up having mine and half of hers (cause she never finishes hers). Next time I will just go to Walmart and get her a quart of ice cream; it will be cheaper and many less calories for me!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    thanks for your advise mapexdrummer69... I just feel like crap when I eat over what I am supposed to, but I suppose sometimes you just need sugar...

I rarely go over my calorie allowance as I am always afraid I have missed somethiogn so like to keep a margin on it.... hope the scale move this week...
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I gorged on pizza last night. Today I got up, got on the scale, grimmaced a bit, then went back to work drinking water and doing my best.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You still have dinner and could add an exercise in there to make up for your pleasures. Brown rice, steamed veggies with beans or fish (tilapia) or chicken is so low in fat and cal. or a salad with chicken breast or beans on it and i light dressing is yummy and low cal.
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    thanks for your advise mapexdrummer69... I just feel like crap when I eat over what I am supposed to, but I suppose sometimes you just need sugar...

I rarely go over my calorie allowance as I am always afraid I have missed somethiogn so like to keep a margin on it.... hope the scale move this week...

There is nothing "wrong" with sugar in regards to weight loss, and things such as chocolates should be enjoyed in moderation so that you don't feel the need to binge and "cheat".
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    If I go over my alloted calories for the day, I just brush it off and start over the next day. Keep looking at the long term goal, because that's what matters! Don't sweat it, get back on track.

Remember it takes 3500 EXCESS calories over your maintenance just to gain one pound. Judging by what you put, you are nowhere close:-)

This is how i deal with my eating over calorie days.... Im no where near eating 3500 for those days so I tell myself Im good :)
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    just remember how binging made you feel next time you are tempted to go overboard. is the guilt you feel now worth what you ate? hey, if the answer's yes, then ok! but if it's no, maybe something to think about. you look great in your photo so don't be hard on yourself!
  • bluellies
    bluellies Posts: 82 Member
    Options

There is nothing "wrong" with sugar in regards to weight loss, and things such as chocolates should be enjoyed in moderation so that you don't feel the need to binge and "cheat".
    I'm firmly in this camp as well--I think that by having a bit of sugar (peanut M&M's for me), or the occasional fried food (5-6 thick fries, or cheese balls.....yum!), one is much less likely to binge. I don't do cheat days 'cause personally I feel bloated and guilty, but I will have a light beer at get-togethers if I want one, or half a mini DQ Blizzard if the we go out. I log everything, adjust my cals/exercise for the day, and have been able to stay within goals for the last 6 weeks.

Don't beat yourself up! It's a journey, a learning process, and you'll figure out what works for you and your lifestyle :)
  • 90210UK
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

Dunno why I feel so guilty, it hink it is becuase I am trying sooooo hard and then I just stuff my face :(

Egg white omellete it shall be tonight so :)
  • mapexdrummer69
    Options
    Exactly!

For LONG TERM and MAINTAINED weight loss, it's rare that you'll get by with depriving yourself of foods you grew up on and love. No need to do so! Get adequate amounts of protein and fat, eat a lot of whole foods for vitamin and mineral content, stay within your caloric budget for weight loss, and enjoy LIFE and a HEALTHY relationship with food.
  • ELewisReed
    ELewisReed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, however, my binge was over the course of 4 days!! It was nearing my TOM this last weekend, coupled with the holiday (which meant cookouts, beer, etc. ) and I lost it!! I logged everything and realized just how bad it was:-/ but I started clean on Tuesday and finally today (Friday) I feel like I'm at my "pre-binge" weight:)

I struggle with just having one cheat drink, snack, meal it tends to be a trigger for me. So I'm learning what my triggers are (dessert, alcohol, etc.) and trying to stay away from those. I'm learning moderation and not to beat my self up too bad:-/

Bottom line: Its a journey!! We're all in this together!!
  • 90210UK
    Options
    Yes ELewisReed... it's totally a trigger for me... I am in the wrong frame of mind though becuase once I being I think "whats the point being good for the rest of the day" and I carry on being bad....

BUT..... thanks to you guys I am gonna go home from work and havea low cal dinner :) (well try anyway) and fit in my 30DS.....