Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

The Single Best Ab Exercise You Can Do

Replies

• tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    bump
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Looks like fun, I should try it saturday, but I'll stick to my squats and deadlifts. These have allowed me to be able to perform many more situps than any ab exercise ever has.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    bump
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    bump
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    I would probably bust my knees. I can see myself rolling to far lol
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    holy crap! Gotta try those!
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    bump
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    The site is blocked at work but I'll check it out later at home. But my abs are finally pretty tight (after more than half a century) thanks to Zumba.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Oh man, I am definitely going to do these!
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this. I have a swiss ball and almost never use it, so changing my crunches out for this is a great idea.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    That move was very similiar to what my PT had me do when recovering from sciatica caused by a herniated disc. It really isolates and engages all of your core muscles very effectively, mainly beacuse you are trying not to fall off of the ball :tongue: l. It is a killer, but that was one of many moves that prevented me from having to have back suregery.

I think I may have to re-introduce it back into my fitness regimine.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    That is very cool! I doubt I am coordinated enough to actually do it, but its worth a try
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I do these sometimes, they are also called prone jackknives.

Another amazing and difficult move that works the abs along with every other muscle is a burpee. These, my friends, are evil. Try 20 in a row, you'll die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    bump
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    I do these sometimes, they are also called prone jackknives.

Another amazing and difficult move that works the abs along with every other muscle is a burpee. These, my friends, are evil. Try 20 in a row, you'll die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2cPYR0lRUE

see my sig? :tongue:

I do these as well as ab wheel rollouts (from knees and feet) and dragon flags. They are the ultimate for low rep stuff IMO.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

I just did those as part of my workout today. They are pretty tough.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member

How many can you do?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

How many can you do?

I just did 3 sets of 10, as it was my first time trying them and I want to be able to move tomorrow, but the last few in each set where getting hard, especially my balance.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    Ok, I looked at this earlier today but didn't post because I hadn't tried it yet. Now I have so I'm going to comment.

WOW!!! and OWW!!! :D

I've been doing P90X but the ab part of the program has been hard for me because it's making my lower back sore. I've tried the modifications suggested but I'm still having issues and was getting pretty frustrated. This morning after seeing your post I thought I'd give this exercise a try and even though it was extremely difficult I was able to do it and best of all, it didn't hurt my back! I felt every single muscle in my abdominal region while I was doing it. We'll see how the area feels tomorrow. :)

Thank you so much for posting that link. I'll be using that for a few weeks at least to see how my core shapes up. While I'd love beautiful abs my main goal is strength and fitness. If this can give me a strong core for Taekwondo I'll be a happy camper!