I must be doing something wrong!

Options
I've been doing this for 4 days now... and the scale isn't budging! If anything going up a bit..(just a half lb up or down) But sheesh!

Maybe I'm not eating enough. I have been following the app and taking in the calories..(actually maybe not quite) but even with working out... I just can't seem to get a burn.. I just don't get it! Work out to lose weight..but I have to eat more.. it's all just a bit confusing... I'M GONNA GO EAT A TWINKIE! JUST KIDDING! LOL

Really..I AM getting discouraged... :/

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    uh, its been four days. youre counting the days. thats whats wrong. youre not even giving it a chance, your body a chance.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain all your extra weight in 4 days so it won't come off in 4 days either. You should be eating back most of your exercise calories. You want to make sure that you're eating at least 1200 net calories. Meaning if you eat 1500 calories and burn 400 calories, your net calories are only 900. You don't want to starve your body.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain all your extra weight in 4 days so it won't come off in 4 days either. You should be eating back most of your exercise calories. You want to make sure that you're eating at least 1200 net calories. Meaning if you eat 1500 calories and burn 400 calories, your net calories are only 900. You don't want to starve your body.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say that time and time again. There is no quick fix. It took years to put the weight on and sometime it might takes years to take it off.

The key is to keep working towards better health. Nothing, and I mean nothing, worth having is going to happen overnight!
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    Weight loss is hard work sister! Give yourself at least a week to 10 days of calorie counting - WITHOUT WEIGHING - and see if that makes a difference. Your food and drink intake alone will make the scale fluctuate daily so don't step on it for a while. Get yourself into the groove of being more active and journaling what you eat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    With only 17 lbs to go your loss will be quite slow and it should be right now the most you should aim for is 1 lb/week, once you get to the last 10 or 15 you should change that to a goal of 0.5 lbs/week. The slower you lose the less likely you are to lose muscle mass.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    We all want to see the scale drop immediately, but shift your focus . . .give yourself credit for other things like

1. drinking all your water
    2. eating a healthy amount of fiber/veggies/fruit
    3. getting 30 mins of exercise in 3 times a week

your goals may be different, but focus on the small, healthy choices you make and you will see the scale drop!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    4 days is way to long to stress about this. Just relax and keep doing what you need to do. It will come off.