New Dad - time for a change

metrognome9
metrognome9 Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
"The times they are a changing"... Indeed!

At 42 I became a first-time father. It's certainly a life-changer but I have no regrets! She's amazing.

Now I'm 43, still 50 or 60 pounds overweight and realize I need to make sure I'm going to be around for my daughter. Also, to quote another old nugget: "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired". It's time for a change.

My sister-in-law turned me on to this site. I started at 240 and my goal at this point is 180 - 190. I may need to lose more but I want to re-evaluate at that milestone and decide what to do once I'm there. I'm really looking forward to crossing the 200lb barrier. I haven't been under 200lbs in over 20 years and I don't think my wife has -ever- seen me under 200lbs.

I've already lost about 7lbs in two weeks! This is working way better for me than another site that will remain nameless (WW) that was siphoning my wallet for a clunky, difficult to use flash app. It just wasn't worth it and they were making it too complicated.

I'm also thinking of starting the P90 program to burn more and feel better. I've got P90x but I don't think I'm ready for it... ;)

See you around!

Replies

• dazaliah
    dazaliah Posts: 37 Member
    Wow! Great that you've already lost 7lbs! This website definitely is a motivator and big help. Keep it up!
  • :smile: its great and im happy 4 u
  • ginagn73
    ginagn73 Posts: 89
    "The times they are a changing"... Indeed!

At 42 I became a first-time father. It's certainly a life-changer but I have no regrets! She's amazing.

Now I'm 43, still 50 or 60 pounds overweight and realize I need to make sure I'm going to be around for my daughter. Also, to quote another old nugget: "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired". It's time for a change.

My sister-in-law turned me on to this site. I started at 240 and my goal at this point is 180 - 190. I may need to lose more but I want to re-evaluate at that milestone and decide what to do once I'm there. I'm really looking forward to crossing the 200lb barrier. I haven't been under 200lbs in over 20 years and I don't think my wife has -ever- seen me under 200lbs.

I've already lost about 7lbs in two weeks! This is working way better for me than another site that will remain nameless (WW) that was siphoning my wallet for a clunky, difficult to use flash app. It just wasn't worth it and they were making it too complicated.

I'm also thinking of starting the P90 program to burn more and feel better. I've got P90x but I don't think I'm ready for it... ;)

See you around!
    Good job!!
  • planefxr
    planefxr Posts: 7
    I am in your shoes, metrognome9 --- I too became a first time dad last year at 41.
    My son is almost 10 months old, and since starting MyFitnessPal I have already lost
    more than he weighs! I still have 18 lbs to go to reach my goal weight of 160.

I feel better than I have in YEARS!

Good luck you you, and congratulations on your precious baby!

Brian
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Congrats on your loss so far and the birth of your daughter. My husband (while not on this website) has decided to do the same thing since the birth of our daughter 6 months ago. He has lost quite a bit already and I am so proud of him!! He has finally spurred me into doing the same thing except I need the discipline of tracking my calories! :smile: This website is awesome and has really helped me be aware of what I'm eating.
This discussion has been closed.