slap me!

I need some major ideas and motivation! I only have 15 lbs to go before I hit my goal weight. But I'm stuck. I need a slap in the face, kick in the *kitten*, something to get me going!!!

I really want this to happen by the end of the month early July. So it's not completely impossible. Just need some ideas to get the last fat rolling off of me : )

Thanks in advance : )

Replies

• purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    go for a run! do an extra 10 minute workout a day!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    I wish I could help, but I've been stuck with my last twenty since 5/13 no change I'm just hoping to keep doing what I'm doing and one morning it'll just move. Good Luck to you!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Switch up your routine. Our bodys get complacent..
    Instead of running/walking.....lift weights or a do "class"
    Go swimming if you normally dont - Do something different concentrate on one area...

You got this done!!!!! Kick it's ***!!!
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Have you tired the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD? Have you tried doing intervals where you run for so long and break for so long. I finally started losing weight again and its because Im running intervals on the elliptical. 30-45 secs running, and 1 and 30 sec or 1 and 15 second walking... Try those..
    if you havent already of course!

Bree
  • LaurieBLouise
    LaurieBLouise Posts: 48 Member
    join a fun fitness class! i don't know you, but i have a gym near me called "fitness with a twist" that involves poles... all I'm sayin'! Also, boot camp classes are fun and completely challenging. A few DVD's I would recommend-- Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, and any of the SELF Magazine fitness DVDs!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    *SMACK!!* Did it help? LOL, if not my suggestion would be to think back as to what your original motivation was. Then compare it to where you are now and see if there have been any changes. Most of the time our motivation stays the same but for some it changes as your weight loss journey goes on. Sometimes all we need to do is re-evaluate our goals and WHY we are doing this, then WHAT we need to do falls into place. Good luck and keep up the good work!!:smile:
  • I like to think about how grateful I will be for my dedication once it's all over. In 5 weeks, what will matter to you? That you stayed at home and watched that TV show OR that you went and took a bike-ride and were able to meet your 15lb goal weight because of it? Likewise, when the munchies hit, I fast-forward 1 hour before taking a bite of whatever I'm craving. Will I feel good about having eaten that? Or guilty? If I eat this snack, is it even going to fill me up? If not, there's really no point because something like potato chips or candy packs a lot of calories but no nutrition and so you still feel hungry afterwards and then you have to reach for more. It's better to reach for the filling/nutritive snack FIRST so you get some fiber or protein in your belly to ward off junk food cravings.
    I hope that helps :) Good luck! You can do it!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    I agree JM 30 Day Shred, she had Banish Fat Boost Metablism, No more Trouble Zones, Shred-it with weights, 6 week six-pack, and yoga meltdown!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Ive done spinning classes last couple of months. And I run when I can get a babysitter. I'd rather run outside- I really enjoy it. But if I can't I'll go to the gym. I usually do half hour on the elliptical and run/walk with an incline on the treadmill. I just recently started using weights.

I've completed the 30 day shred and felt sore at times but nothing really happened weight wise. I think I got a little more toned thought.

Oh well.... I just need to push it a little harder!

Thanks