Japanese restaurant healthy choices?

Options
What are some healthy Japanese restaurant choices? Going out to dinner with my cousins and I was just wondering what some low-fat, low-cal dishes are?

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure that things like sushi tend to fill you up before you've eaten a lot of calories. Generally very filling stuff!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What are some healthy Japanese restaurant choices? Going out to dinner with my cousins and I was just wondering what some low-fat, low-cal dishes are?

Stay away from the battered and fried stuff and most Japanese food is healthy. Sushi (no tempura or cream cheese), Edamame, veggie stir fry, yaki soba (stir fry with buckwheat noodles), seaweed salad... Oh, now I've just made myself hungry!! :wink:
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I get the sashimi dinner...no rice which is good
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I usually get sashimi and a sushi dish with green tea and water. I'd stay away from Tempura and ask them for low sodium soy sauce, most of the restaurants carry it.
  • Evgeniamarie
    Options
    My boyfriend and I both loveeee sushi, but I am trying to diet and hes always wanting to go out to eat so when I go, I usually start off with sunomono. It's really good and really low in calories ( I think like 32?). It is pickled seafood and veggies in vinegar, it doesn't sound that appetizing but trust me its good! Then I get like one or two rolls (one with nothing fried, like shrimp tempura). By then I am pretty full. Hope this helps :))