New HRM With Chest Strap and Confused

Options
Hey everyone, I did search the archives before posting and couldn't find a related topic in the past year. I just got a new HRM for my birthday and set it yesterday with height, weight, age etc. When I mowed our gigantic yard today, the calories burned was very close to what MFP says I burned but it says I burned 41g of fat and MFP gave me 9g more. I am confused. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The HRM went by your personal info you inputted. MFP total calories burned does not so go by the HRM or to be safe pick a medium between the two.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I would just use the calorie count from the HRM. I've never seen one that calculates grams of fat burned too. Keep your fat setting at what the MFP diary specifies for you, but add the calorie count in for your extra. :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I did search the archives before posting and couldn't find a related topic in the past year. I just got a new HRM for my birthday and set it yesterday with height, weight, age etc. When I mowed our gigantic yard today, the calories burned was very close to what MFP says I burned but it says I burned 41g of fat and MFP gave me 9g more. I am confused. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

That is saying that you burned that many calories from fat ( I wouldn't put much stock into fat burning zone stuff) just pay attention to total calories burned. MFP would have given you 9 grams of fat based on your ratio of total caloreis. Essentially MFP adds back the calories that you burn, and allots fat protein and carbs in the same ratio as your settings.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was going to give my two cents, but erickirb beat me to it and said exactly what I would have said. So I guess I only get to tell you that his two cents are pretty good.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Thank you everyone! While gaining an extra 41 fat grams is tempting since it's steak night, I don't want to screw up either.
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    Thank you everyone! While gaining an extra 41 fat grams is tempting since it's steak night, I don't want to screw up either.
    You won't need it. Steak is actually pretty lean! :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    oops. double post!
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    oops. triple post!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    You won't need it. Steak is actually pretty lean! :)

Haha, not when it is Ribeye. It's my cheat food.