Excess saliva

Options
HELP!! It seems like I have to spit ever five seconds has anyone else experienced this??

Replies

• Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    I swallow....
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I get that way sometimes. I find it happens after I eat too much protein. What have you been eating lately?
  • mannyd1975
    mannyd1975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Swallow! WOW how does that sound!! LOL!!!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I swallow....
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    That made my day, thanks!!!
  • LaurenLynnCarter
    LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I swallow too but swallowing constantly is annoying I was just trying to figure out why Its been like this.
  • birdieandkenadi05
    birdieandkenadi05 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I swallow....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH :blushing:
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    laurenvillines

Here's what I found:

Definition
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Excessive saliva — increased amounts of saliva in your mouth — is usually a temporary problem and rarely cause for concern. Normally, your salivary glands produce 1 to 2 quarts (0.9 to 1.9 liters) of saliva a day. However, because swallowing occurs continually and unconsciously, you don't generally notice the saliva. If you suddenly seem to have excessive saliva in your mouth, it could be because your salivary glands are making more saliva than usual (sialorrhea) or because you're swallowing less often.

I am glad you asked the question because I wondered too;)

Ant'
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the juvenile reaction earlier. This is from the Mayo Clinic website:

Excessive saliva can be a side effect of some medications, and excessive saliva is common in the early months of pregnancy. Difficulty swallowing, which can lead to excessive saliva, may be caused by muscle or nerve damage in your mouth or throat.

...could you possibly be...
  • LaurenLynnCarter
    LaurenLynnCarter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    nope no way im preg. hm
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    I had that problem with all 3 pregnancies. Drove me nuts.