Vegetarian or Vegan Protein powder?

Options
jaded1
jaded1 Posts: 14 Member
Hi! I am a University student, with limited cooking appliances (microwave and frige) so I want to ask you if you have tasted yummy protein powders that are vegetarian or vegan?

If you think I'll need a blender, just let me know.

Thank you ^.^

Replies

• yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello....
    Biochem makes Vegan Protein Powder, I usually mix it with a hand blender or in a regular blender, but you can stir it vigorously with a spoon, comes in chocolate and vanilla. you can order it online or buy it at whole foods market.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I know there's soy protein powder and egg white protein powder (vegetarian, but not vegan).
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Olympian Labs Pea Protein is vegan AND gluten-free!
    http://www.olympianlabs.com/products/details/pea-protein.html
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Hello....
    Biochem makes Vegan Protein Powder, I usually mix it with a hand blender or in a regular blender, but you can stir it vigorously with a spoon, comes in chocolate and vanilla. you can order it online or buy it at whole foods market.
    I use biochem and can usually mix it in my shaker cup unless I add almond butter. Then I use the blender to mix it. I would say a crock pot may be a better investment than a blender. You can cook your beans in them and save money and get less sodium.
  • jaded1
    jaded1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I'll check out your suggestions. And a crock pot sounds wonderful!
  • yiffanarff
    yiffanarff Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Vega has a really good line of vegan protein powders. And they're all soy free, which i like too, because soy can be hard to digest.
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I use Vega and Harmonized Vegan Protein.
  • LOLmerrill
    LOLmerrill Posts: 43
    Options
    I keep hearing amazing things about Vega on a vegan board I frequent. I'm going to order some and let you guys know how I like it.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    a lot of people have recommended sunwarrior to me. apparently vanilla is the best tasting :)
    protien-vanilla-medium.jpg
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's pricey but I like it because it is like a meal replacement and has 100% of the nutrients you need a day plus a probiotic. I drink one for breakfast. If I workout and need extra protein I drink the harmonized protein because it is lower in calories.
  • uhhmandaa
    Options
    True protein is good. You can buy it by the pound online. I just bought some pea protein powder. (it's vegan.)
  • uhhmandaa
    Options
    plus it's only protein, no fat or carbs. and 100 cal per scoop.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    a lot of people have recommended sunwarrior to me. apparently vanilla is the best tasting :)
    protien-vanilla-medium.jpg

^^ This is the one I use. Both the vanilla and natural are great! You'll probably need a blender though, but can also get blender bottles, which are very convenient.