hitting a wall

tiffielynn91
tiffielynn91 Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I am 20 years old, and no matter how hard i try i cant seem to lose weight. This is the heaviest i have been (186) and i have no energy to do anything, i am always grumpy and hate the way i look. I want to lose about 50 pounds or a little more, I used to be an softball pitcher in high school and always stayed around 150 or less but since high school i have gained alot of weight in the past 3 years i have gained 50lbs and it needs to stop. if anyone has any ideas on how i can see results and not aggravate my old injuries i would love to know im trying to lose 50 lbs in the next year and a half for my wedding. all the help and suggestions are much appreciated.

Replies

• Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    What have you been doing to lose weight? What kind of foods are you eating and exercises are you doing? Give us some more info and we can help you out!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Telling you HOW to do it is easy, but you have to DO it to make it happen for yourself. I am 52 years old and lost 48 pounds in 2010 by counting calories and working out 2-3 times a week. I ate fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, lean meats and dairy products; basically shop the perimeter of the grocery store. I cut out white flour and white sugar products as much as possible, which means NO processed foods. I drank water, more water, and lots more water; plus green tea and coffee....no sodas. I worked out on the elliptical at least once a week, and would walk 2-3 times a week. Occasionally I would plug in a fitness DVD. IT all began in my head though. I decided I was totally disgusted with myself and I was committed to changing to a healthier lifestyle (NOT a diet). I am in maintenance mode now and it is equally as hard to keep the weight off ( as I have gained 8 pounds since December), as it was to lose it, as my old habits are easy to slip back into, so I have to stay on MFP to keep focused. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    you are telling the story of my life :) I'm at 174 right now.. and I want to get back to 140. I'm learning that I have actually not been eating enough calories to lose weight, my intake was less than 1200 regularly. So, I've been increasing my calories. I've also learned that I need to do strength training to build muscle (I'm a cardio girl). I changed my food settings to monitor my carbs, sodium, sugar and protein. Sugar and carbs usually get me too. I know I need to drink more water. There's no one thing - I don't know what your diet and exercise look like, but you've come to the right place to learn about what's going on in your body! If I have one piece of advice, it's not to stress about the scale.. I take pictures weekly (same outfit) and I take measurements.. if it wasn't for this, I would have given up as I have so many times before. Just remember to be patient, you didn't get where you are overnight, and it's not going to dissapear overnight either. I'll add you as a friend.. we are in this together!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    When you start working out and doing something you like you will get energy. If you eat healthy nutritious food you will get energy. Once you start those cycles and stick to them it gets easier, never easy, just easier.
This discussion has been closed.