Chipotle calculator

Options
Coworkers suggested Chipotle for lunch today and I couldn't resist. I know there are oodles of Chipotle order combinations on MFP, but none matched mine, so I went to http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator. I wish I would have gone to this site before lunch!

I had chicken, but steak would have cut my cholesterol intake nearly in half and slightly lowered my sodium intake.

I had tomato salsa, but the mild green salsa would have cut my sodium intake by ~300mg, increased my fiber 1g and decreased my sugar 1g.

Getting hard tacos instead of my normal full-size burrito would have cut 110 calories, 3g fat, ~600mg sodium and almost 20g carbs. And the bowl would have cut my calories, fat, sodium and carbs nearly in half.

I know Chipotle gets a bad reputation for its huge portion sizes, but checking out your options ahead of time can apparently make a fairly significant impact.

Replies

• lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info...this is something I will use.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I go to Chipotle after my Saturday morning workouts. Their salads are the way to go, but with no rice (rice on salad? go figure some people).
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    LOVE Chipotle! I agree....it's all in the choices! I get mine in a bowl with no tortilla.....cuts down my regular bowl by almost 300 calories!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I love that calculator, I always check is before I go to chipotle, and I RARELY get the burritos anymore because the tortilla is ridiculously bad for you, so I just get the bowl.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I agree! Personally I love Chipotle because their ingredients are so fresh and I don't have to think about fried, greasy food. I always get a bowl and skip the cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Plus, they give you so much food, that I usually just eat half and save the rest for lunch the next day. Ends up being a healthy and yummy dinner!!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you get it with the sour cream and/or guac on the side it is easy to only eat half or in my case less than a 1/4 and have the rest for another meal makes the price of it drop as well.

Food is good, just too much for one meal. A bowl for me is about 4-5 meals for about $7. Not so bad!
  • Smittyinthesun
    Options
    Th burrito tortilla is 300 calories, get the bowl instead, instant savings of 300 calories. I like the barbacola, chicken and steak. sour cream and cheese and tomato salsa,plus a Coke zero or a water. For 8 bucks its a decent meal. Double meat for a $1.50 more is a bargain and not a huge calorie bump.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had Chipotle yesterday - Chicken fajita bowl with the green salsa - not a bad lunch!
    A lot of places are starting to allow you to build your meal - Jimmy John's, Panera and Potbelly's have great sites. I have to check them out before I go there. Plus, I can still have the foods I crave (I don't eat that stuff everyday) with a few changes.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I love chipotle! That's definitely a nice site. I've started to get the bowls and I notice I get about as full as if I had the buritto, but without the extra 200 or so calories! :)
  • TescherTK
    TescherTK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, and I have been addicted to it for a couple of months now. I always check Chipotle's website fore nutritional info for the selection I order and then find one in MFP that's closest. I also cut my order in half and put it away. There's plenty in 1/2 a Chipotle Burrito to fill me up.