Easy Recipes!

lucero22
lucero22 Posts: 75 Member
edited 3:51AM in Recipes
Hey yall if anyone has any easy, cheap, healthy, recipes or food suggestion for a poor college student trying to change bad habits, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Ashley Lucero

Replies

• shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Hey girl...

I serioulsy live off of instant brown rice and canned or dried beans...haha not very glamorous but it probably eat that about 3 times a week! haha
  • lucero22
    Hey yea I am gonna have to try that bc what I have been eating thusfar hasnt been working! lol
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    go to walmart or dollar stores and get food....or the discount food stores, like save a lot or winco, food maxx....and before you go shopping, write a menu for the week out and get only what you need. I bought about 20 chicken breasts, and veggies, which will stretch for 10 days and it cost me about 70 dollars...so thats about 3.50 per person....and none of it was onsale.....salads are always cheap, you can get canned chicken to put on top, or canned tuna....spagetti is always cheap, making your own sauce is not only cheaper, but healtheir and here you can get a pack of whole wheat pasta for like 1.50 or so
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    also, you can go to www.5dollardinners.com she has pretty healthy recipes on there
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Aldi"s has cheap food. and their Fit and Active products are good and cheap...
  • lucero22
    awesome thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.