Too many calories left?

Options
I have a question that may sound dumb. So I ate a little for breakfast and then ate lunch and then worked out some. Right now my net calories are at like 300 and I have like 1100 left for the day. I won't eat that much so I'm not sure how bad that is to not meet your calorie goal. I have a lot of weight to lose. I started at 228 and the last time I weighed myself I was at 214 but I want to get to 140. AND...I planned on running more on the treadmill later which will burn more calories. I don't want to eat junk just to meet my goal....any advice?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Id say eat a good supper with a glass of milk and some cheese on the side.
    Perhaps have some almonds later for a snack too.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Doing that once in awhile won't hurt, just don't make it a habit. My rule of thumb over the past few weeks (when I've started to see results!) is to stick as close to 1200 food calories with no workout, and close to 1500 calories if I do workout... regardless of calories burned. Not sure, I may see a plateau with this method, but every body is different... but I'll go with what works right now. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I personally do NOT eat back my exercise calories. You will get different view points on this subject. My set calories by MFP is 1370, before any excercise. I usually waiver between 1200-1300 a day. I've been on this site since March 13, of this year and today hit 50 pounds lost, so I guess what I am doing is working for me.

I won't eat just to fill time/calories (eating just to eat is what got me here) Good luck to you :)
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    On days like that I put butter on my rice! :laugh: Seriously though, you probably won't fit a day's worth of calories into your last meal but you can grab a bag of peanuts or sunflower seeds as a post workout snack. That will give you plenty of protein to aid muscle repair and 300-350 calories. You can add rice or a pasta to your meal...and of course a sensible dessert!
  • triciacline921
    triciacline921 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    50lbs wow!! Congrats to you! I can't wait until I can say that. Yeah I'm new to this site and the argument whether you eat exercise calories back or not confuses me. I know nothing so I won't even try to guess which is right. I figure right now I'm not eating them back but maybe if I hit a plateau I will have to re-evaluate what I'm doing. The milk and cheese thing is a good idea. I will add those to my supper tonight or maybe for a snack.