Frame size...

Options
2»

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8", broad-shouldered, long legs, big boobs and GIANT man hands (bigger than most of the men I know...although whether that says something about me or about them I'm not sure!).

I've always assumed I was large-framed. I'm now 162lbs and a small size 12 (UK). I'm aiming for 139 but seriously wondering whether that's too skinny at my height.

According to the frame size wrist thing, I have a small frame. (Wrist is 5.75"). Do I really have a small frame and therefore should be aiming for the bottom of the BMI and am just used to being larger or are there considerations other than just wrist measurements that I should take into account?

I'm an inch shorter than you are, wrists are 6.5 inches and if I do the 'wrap your thumb and forefinger around your wrist, just ahead of the bony prominence' test, I have at least an inch between my fingers. So I guess that means I have a large frame. ;)

I am happy anywhere between 135 and 142. I'm ecstatic between 130 and 135 and start too look too thin under 130.

Try not to get attached to a particular scale weight, as a 'skinny-fat' person who weighs 139 looks QUITE different from a very well-toned person at 139 and the skinny-fat person will also be a larger clothing size.

139 is attainable at your height, but again you have to keep in mind that the composition of your diet and your level and type of exercise could have you in a range of 3 different clothing sizes at that weight. You'd be better off to reassess your goals as you approach your original goal weight.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/
    Tools to help you aim at a category.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    It's all so personal. Some people's goal weight was my start weight, and if I was in Japan, my goal weight would be many women's start weight.

As much as frame, I think it's where you carry weight. I've always carried a lot in my face:embarassed: and since having my son, my waist too. I don't look thin until my bmi nears 20 because of the double chins (or triple chins even), and now that my weight is as low as I'm willing to go until our family is complete, my waist is still one size bigger than my hips (it was two).,

I think you'll know when you get there. I remember that decision too though, and losing the last 10lbs was a kind of experiment. You can put weight back on if you wish, lose again if you wish; you are in control!