The change...of the stomach...

Options
snowsflake
snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
You know it's so funny to me that when I was younger I could eat whatever without any "back talk" from my stomach. But today it's amazing to me how my stomach responds to certain foods. I can eat all of the spicy stuff in the world - but you give me anything fried and BOY does my stomach to respond to that! Usually it's get really bloated, I get heart-burn, which I was able to get off of medication for since changing my diet, and burpy!

I guess when I ate like crap all of the time I could NEVER truly "feel" how my body responded to those food. And NOW my list of foods that I can eat keeps getting more and more limited. I mean don't get me wrong if it keeps me from eating pizza and donuts and fried foods I'm okay with it, but somedays I wish it wasn't SO sensitive.

My thinking now is that I abused my stomach so much that it is now revolting and refuses to allow me to fully "enjoy" my old foods. Well, I guess it is what it is...and in the end I would rather have lost weight and have a sensitive stomach than to be living my old way of unhealthy living not being able to listen to my body. You know now I don't even put salad dressing on my salads...I just eat them plain...never thought that would happen.

I guess the full lifestyle change came for me when I stopped fighting and just allowed it to be...and today I'm enjoying a much happy and healthier life...namaste...

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I have to eat heavy, rich foods really slowly and in small portions or I get physically sick, and I can taste salt in EVERYTHING! Salad dressings died off for me too... I love the way healthy clean food makes me feel :) keep it up girl!!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    yeah...

All my years of being undiagnosed celiac has ruined my intestines and make it hard to digest so many things.

I have to take digestive enzymes to help me make it to the next day and probiotics to get the stomach 'flora' regulated.

I've had pills go straight through my system undissolved. TMI - but that's my stomach for ya....