Don't get mad... but what do you think of....

Options
2»

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    MFP KICKS *kitten* AND I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER... EVERRRRRRRR send anyone anywhere else! this is where its at! lol.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I would really like another site to compare work out calories with...Sometimes I think MFP is to high, so I would like another site to go to in order to get a good idea where I'm at...It's not a loyalty issue or promoting another site, it's just good business...so other than Spark.com, is there another calorie counting site that has great features?
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE for your feedback.

I really was not trying to start a "fitness site war" when I posted my question. I should have known better and read the forum rules... but I don't think I broke them because I was never promoting another site and all the responses have been in favor of MFP, which I predicted.

BUT I MUST SAY.... I really appreciate your comments. They align with my first impressions of sparkpeople.com -- too crowded and cumbersome.

I am EXTREMELY impressed with the community support on MFP. I love the features (like I said, it is way easier to use than my old site, my-calorie-counter.com).

I am sticking with MFP - it is honestly a GREAT site. Easy to navigate, and most of all, the people ROCK!!!
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Spark was too complicated, MFP is awesome and so easy to use... I don't think I'd even try any place else!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i tried spark briefly, but then ended up getting tons of spammy emails i didn't want and it just didn't fit right for me.
    i prefer it here. i find there's more of a community here. but i must say i'm quite wary of posting topics here- i'd ask (mfp) friends on my message board instead, rather than post. opinions sometimes get heated which although are funny to read, some people forget alot of this is just opinion and not right or wrong.
    but, this has been great for me. i love it here. and eating back your exercise calories is awesome!!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I signed up for sparkpeople and never got much past that. It was just not very user friendly. MFP I have stuck with and find very easy to use.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I agree with it being too cumbersome, too much stuff going on. The "points" thing was a bit irritating to me too. No point to the points thing in my opinion.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    I would really like another site to compare work out calories with...Sometimes I think MFP is to high, so I would like another site to go to in order to get a good idea where I'm at...It's not a loyalty issue or promoting another site, it's just good business...so other than Spark.com, is there another calorie counting site that has great features?

I agree. When I'm not sure or can't find what I'm looking for in the food or exercises here, I use fitday.com. And before anyone says I'm promoting a conflicting site. It's not. Fitday is not a "community". It's simply a data tool. Their activity and food database has alot of stuff that isn't here. I find it there, add it here so I can use it again later.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    as someone mentioned earlier i find sparkpeople too overwhelming and a bit of a competition
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    MFP is FAR more user friendly and their database is WAY cleaned up compared to SP. That's why I switched from them to here. Best thing I did.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I ONLY like MFP!!