19 more pounds to go!!!

Options
I am currently 144lbs 5'5, I started out at 193lbs last february!!! I have been eating right and exercising-as I know there is no quick fix :) ... anyway I want to weigh 125lbs so that just 19 more pounds, I am stoked! but a few people in my life my mom included think thats too skinny... I dont think so, and neither does my husband, I am plenty old enough to make my own decisions, what do you think?!?! is 19 more pounds too much?

I wanna post a pic but I cant...urg!

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i suppose its personal preference, i know imho I would find it too skinny looking. I have always liked the more volumptuous look instead of stick thin (not saying thats how you look but given your height I can only make it up lol). but you are a big girl and can do as you want :)
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just went to the Doc's on Tuesday and he said for a person of 5' 5" that the low end is 125, mid 135 and no more than 145. I don't know what body type U are but mine is a medium build and I think that is what he was going on??? It's all up to how U feel.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    First of all you look amazing! Your first picture of you in the bathing suit you can really tell a difference!! Its up to you what you want to weight. And if your husband doesnt care then go for it girl!! As long as you are healthy about it then I say weight what you want! You have done an amazing job and your weight loss, and lossing it slowly means your doing it healthy. :) I read your profile about turning into a workout person and I totally can relate, I was the same way. I could hardly walk fast without stopping after 15 mins I was so out of shape
  • mksgirl83
    mksgirl83 Posts: 41
    Options
    see with me I am a medium build I look at it this way I can always gain the weight back and I prefer to gain muscle over fat, I would definitely be happy at 135, so I will see when I get there!!!! :happy:
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on you. Aiming for 19 is fine! If along the way you find that the way you thought you would look and feel at 125 is actually a different number, then just stay there. I personally feel that as long as you are being healthy (eating enough, not OVER exercising) and you're within your BMI nobody should say anything. Obviously they will anyway, but you know your body better than anyone else, do don't pay any attention to the haters. :P

Congrats on your weight loss already and good luck with the rest!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    As long as you are doing it the healthy way! Not dieting, but eating healthy and exercising than I think your goal is just fine. You may be a little skinny, but if that is what makes you happy go for it. Personally, if I get down to around 140, I am not going to worry about the scales, I will worry about the way clothes fit, how healthy I am, how firm my body is, etc..
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    Only you know how you feel and can decide how much weight loss is good for you. Sometomes other people of jealous of your weight loss and dont want to see you smaller. Parents also are great at telling you that you are thin enough or you are going to be sick.... I know mine were good at telling me that.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    see with me I am a medium build I look at it this way I can always gain the weight back and I prefer to gain muscle over fat, I would definitely be happy at 135, so I will see when I get there!!!! :happy:

it still fit your bmi so i say go for it! and if u decide before u hit it that your content and you've acheived the body type you want u can always re-evaulate yourself :) go with what you feel :D
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Why don't lose you 10 more and see how you feel about that? Congrats!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's too skinny for your height. I'm 5'6" and weigh 129lbs. and my goal is 125-127lbs. I don't look too skinny by any means. Although my mom would argue that point, but she's the only one who does. :bigsmile:

Congratulations on your great progress!