New to MFP, not dieting...

Options
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to MFP and so far I have enjoyed it a lot. My sister-in-law turned me onto it when I could no longer afford the cost of those WW meetings.

I've gone from over 200lbs to 170 and right back to where my eating habits and sedentary life get me.... 200ish... I want to finally do it...

suggestions?

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    you are in the right place. and on this site youlook up food items and it will give you the nutrional facts, & some things the points so you can still do ww but not have any cost .
  • amyabaldwin
    Options
    I'm not going to weight wachers meetingseither, but I give myself 23 points which is the same as if I was still going to meetings. I use MFP to help keep track of the rest..(calories, fat, carbs, sugar). Also, It helps me keep track of exercise with how many calories I burn per workout. Basically I eat about 1200 calories/day and burn about 1200 calories/week with exercise. So far I've lost 5 lbs. in 2 weeks.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You will love this site! My suggestions are to just stick to your calorie goal, drink at least 8 cups of water (not too hard since it's really only 4 regular size glasses), workout when you can since you will get to eat your exercise calories back and just don't give up...this system really does work. I average a 2 lbs. loss per week...this week I only lost 1 but I blame the holiday weekend we just had. :wink: I think you should allow yourself a cheat day every so often, I usually do 2 or 3 a month and I'm still losing weight. Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
    Kim