The suckiness that is my emotional eating habit....

Options
I took my kids to the states about 3 weeks ago preparing for my husband and my deployments. Now the husband just left about 2 hours ago for his deployment and the pity party emotional eater that I am just kicked in full gear! I ate a stupid Chocolate Cholate Chip muffin! Wasn't even really hungry. Just walked into our break room, saw it, and ate it. Feel like the poo now for eating it and actually knew I would feel that way as I brought it to my mouth... Didn't stop me... I wish I could say it's okay to splurge every now and then but I know it's a strong possibility that it won't be a now and then thing. I know when I walk into that empty house the emotions are going to take over and what will end up happening!!!

I have approximately 3 weeks before I deploy out and get to see the husband again and would like to be 5 lbs lighter not heavier. I know I can do this but I also know I will need to be held accountable for my actions too... Can anyone help me please? I am willing to post all of my actions good and bad no matter what the repercussions...

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I took my kids to the states about 3 weeks ago preparing for my husband and my deployments. Now the husband just left about 2 hours ago for his deployment and the pity party emotional eater that I am just kicked in full gear! I ate a stupid Chocolate Cholate Chip muffin! Wasn't even really hungry. Just walked into our break room, saw it, and ate it. Feel like the poo now for eating it and actually knew I would feel that way as I brought it to my mouth... Didn't stop me... I wish I could say it's okay to splurge every now and then but I know it's a strong possibility that it won't be a now and then thing. I know when I walk into that empty house the emotions are going to take over and what will end up happening!!!

I have approximately 3 weeks before I deploy out and get to see the husband again and would like to be 5 lbs lighter not heavier. I know I can do this but I also know I will need to be held accountable for my actions too... Can anyone help me please? I am willing to post all of my actions good and bad no matter what the repercussions...
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Quit beating yourself up over one freakin muffin! How many calories could it possably have been! 200 --150 -- even if it was 300 you can do something about it! -- here is what I do and it really works!

1. realise I messed up and add the food into the daily cal anyway - don't hide it --
    2. Do an extra set of weights or more time on the treadmill or running whatever -- but move more over the next few days to compinsate for the extra cals.
    3. forget about the fact that I slipped after I have done the extra work for it!!

It doesn't do anything but tire you out and make you more upset for having done it in the first place -- so forget it!

AS for in the future-- try chewing gum! the taste is there and the chewing -- it should help -- if you are someone who is addicted to chocolate-- heres a great hint----calcium chews! they taste like the bad stuff but you are actually getting good things from them instead of bad -- also they take awhile to chew and chew slow! enjoy it -- they really help with the craving!
  • kathyjo
    kathyjo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! Tomorrow is a brand new day. Trust me....yesterday was a horrible day for me. I got a virus on my computer so I stressed out and ate gummy bears and a Twix bar for breakfast (I'm not joking...), and then I had to drive four hours one way (so eight hours of driving), through 3 different states, to go get a reboot CD from my sister....I ate lots of carbs at Panera Bread on the way there, and then got there and went to the bar and had a drink that was full of empty calories and 6 fried cheese sticks! I am totally an emotional eater and I feel your pain....

However....today I got up and I told myself that I had a crap day yesterday and that today was a new day and a new start for me! I was able to get back on track, and I know that you will tomorrow too! Don't beat yourself up over one day!!!
  • kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well today is my new day to start. I actually packed a lunch for work and brought heathly snacks so I have something else to turn to besides the snack bar here at work. I talked to a friend and if I can get out of work on time I'm going to Zumba with her to work off the frustrations I'm going through with out the kids and hubby!