Boosting Metabolism to Jumpstart Weightloss

Options
Hello, this is my second post up on the message board, I could really use some advice from some myfitnesspal veterans.

All my life (up until recently) I have been quite fit due to my competitive swimming schedule. I am 5'0'' and used to be 100-110 lbs. However, after I started college, I had to quit competitive swimming to focus more on school. After that, the weight just piled on. I am now a whopping 133lbs and I feel horrible, I am stressed and I feel so bloated all the time. Last November I got my weight down to 120lbs (wasn't hard with a good metabolism, took about 3 weeks) but over the holidays I gained back everything I had lost and now I am stuck at the beginning again. Summer is coming up and I just won't let myself go like this.

I started regularly dieting and exercising again but I have not lost any weight. Is there anything I can do to jumpstart my weight loss, increase my metabolism, and get down to 105-110lbs? A detox program perhaps? A specific diet? I was looking at some green tea extracts and different CLA formulas (and sadly some other diet pills) but all these supplements do not have any clinical backing.

PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Best way to jumpstart your metabolism is to eat 6 small meals a day keeps the body's metabolism at a peak, also if you want to take your blood sugar I belive its 99-104 is the optimal range to keep our body going strong but might want to recheck those numbers
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I found increasing my water intake realy helps. I drink 2 cups of ice water as soon as I wake up and then keep re-filling throughout the day. Also...I snack...alot. Lots of small meals/snacks
  • hsamaras
    hsamaras Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    I will increase my water intake and eat smaller meals more frequently! Hope it works! I've been struggling for a while now.