color for my home gym?

Options
We are in the process of finishing our basement which includes a home gym. Yay! Any suggestions on paint color? I'm leaning towards a cornflower or slate blue. Not sure if there is any psychology behind color and motivation, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• kristimaggard
    kristimaggard Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    not red!!! It's "supposed" to make you hungry!!! :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    They say blue is calming... which is why I love it.. but you should do whatever will give you energy!!!! I'd say orange or purple would do that for me... but I'm a little odd!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Walk out basement or below ground? Lots of light? :smile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Walk out basement or below ground? Lots of light? :smile:
    And I'm jealous too!
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    When choosing a color scheme, include colors that are considered to be energizing and strengthening to most feng shui gurus: yellow, red, black, purple, and green. White is always acceptable by feng shui standards, because it reflects all light back into rooms.
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    I would do something light or bright, not white exactly because white walls are boring, but a light/bright shade of a color you like. :) It'll make it seem more cheery and energetic, instead of dull and dreary. :P Cornflower seems like a nice shade!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I painted my home gym BRIGHT yellow :-) I read somewhere to make it a color that makes you excited and happy because then you'll want to be in the room. I LOVE IT!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Not a light blue! Try and go for a yellow maybe? White or cream is always a winner. Light rooms always make me feel happier
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Mine's a creamy light amber color and it's perfect!
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    not red!!! It's "supposed" to make you hungry!!! :)

I've heard that too! Red and yellow...the colors of Mcdonalds haha
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I hear taupe is very soothing...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love the color blue, but not on walls. It felt cold and enclosed.

I like yellows, oranges and reds. They energize me.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    They say blue is calming... which is why I love it.. but you should do whatever will give you energy!!!! I'd say orange or purple would do that for me... but I'm a little odd!!!!

LOL I'm with you! I love those colors! (Orange is my fav color!) Something bright & cheery, lots of yellow & grass green, maybe. I want to do my laundry room in those colors, a daisy theme. You can never be sad looking at a daisy! :flowerforyou:
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Definitely something in the yellow family. When you're here to visit us next week you can work out in my yellow home gym and see how motivated you feel! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the input. I decided to go with a light yellow with a tint of green. It's called Blonde Beauty. :smile: I'm not blonde, but used to be. It was between that or Shortbread and Shortbread didn't seem appropriate for a gym.