Trying to get motivated AGAIN......

They say once you start a routine it becomes easier to stick to it but once you fall off the band wagon its ten times harder to get back into your routine and I must say that is so true. I know I need to work out and watch what I eat but I havent been instead I have been vegging out litterally. When my husband was gone I was focused on losing the weight and I worked really hard I didnt lose much after Febuary but prior to that I had dropped 30+ lbs and it was the last bit that I was having the most difficulty with but I was sticking to it. Then my husband returned home in July (he was in Iraq) I didnt lose all the 30lbs while he was gone that has been gradual since the end of 2006 (yes I know along long time to drop 30lbs) anyway now that he is home my workout routine went out the window like all my other routines I had when he was gone- Last week I worked out on Monday and said I would workout M-F yeah I only worked out Monday- This monday I didnt do anything but say I needed to work out- But today I did get my butt on the elliptical right after work and did a programmed workout- so hopefully I can stick to it because I gained 8lbs since he has returned home and thats alot I feel it and see it too. Wish me luck

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    They say once you start a routine it becomes easier to stick to it but once you fall off the band wagon its ten times harder to get back into your routine and I must say that is so true. I know I need to work out and watch what I eat but I havent been instead I have been vegging out litterally. When my husband was gone I was focused on losing the weight and I worked really hard I didnt lose much after Febuary but prior to that I had dropped 30+ lbs and it was the last bit that I was having the most difficulty with but I was sticking to it. Then my husband returned home in July (he was in Iraq) I didnt lose all the 30lbs while he was gone that has been gradual since the end of 2006 (yes I know along long time to drop 30lbs) anyway now that he is home my workout routine went out the window like all my other routines I had when he was gone- Last week I worked out on Monday and said I would workout M-F yeah I only worked out Monday- This monday I didnt do anything but say I needed to work out- But today I did get my butt on the elliptical right after work and did a programmed workout- so hopefully I can stick to it because I gained 8lbs since he has returned home and thats alot I feel it and see it too. Wish me luck
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    LUCK :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    I agree that once u fall off it is super hard to get back on. I fell off around the holidays last year and it took me,until august of this year to get back on track. It was a night mare and i just kept obsessing over food and saying i was gonna start the next day and then the next and pretty soon it was not even in the plan. I decided then i was gonna eat everything i wanted until i didn't want it anymore it was a mess. I finally had to just do it. I am still having rough days but i am doing better. so right now i am averging a loss of 1 lb a week i am going to increase exercise this go and do it one day at a time. much success sent your way!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    It's tough to get going again, I'm struggling with the same problem these days. My advice is to start small, maybe just 15 minute walks over lunch, or a quick ab workout in the morning before you head out for the day. Pretty soon you start feeling better about yourself & you are back at the gym 5 days a week. Relish the fact that your husband is back home with you, you two deserve to spend time together just "vegging." Oh, and thank your husband for me, my family & I truly appreciate his sacrifices to defend our freedom.

Stephanie