advice for losing belly fat and toning the body

Options
I was wondering if anyone has some good exercises that worked really well? I am trying so hard but I am not sure where to start! Please Help!

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno's Clean Eating Series is a good place to start. Tells you everything you need to know.

A flat tummy is made in the kitchen and start lifting weights!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Cardio is the best way to burn the fat and work the obliques.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Check these foods out. I don't know if this will actually help or not (every piece of normal research I've read said you can't spot reduce fat), but these foods are all staples of a good diet, so they can't hurt to try.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/nutritious-powerfoods-abs-diet. It's from Men's Health but they also published it in Woman's Health.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I tried a Pilates DVD last night...and let me tell you....my lower belly is so fricken sore tonight! So I'm guessing this is a vital resource for bellies and toning!!!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Your diet is #1 and it's 80% of your results, clean that up and set a good training routine and stay consistent and be patient. Do cardio and strength training and you will get the results you want.
    I have Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged book and one of her recipe books and it is awesome.

Oh and you can't spot reduce so losing the belly fat involves eating clean.
  • GGMarie1501
    Options
    I use youtube to view workout videos. I LOVE the belly dancing, and I've gotten really good at it too. Muscles are a bit achey but it's a small price to pay. Good luck!!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    healthy eating, cardio/strength workouts
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating, Strength training - Lift heavy as possible maxing out between the 8th-12th rep, HIIT for cardio

Check out the book New Rules of Lifting for Women (about $9 used on Amazon). Its a excellent read. Gets into nutrition with a easy guideline and a workout. Its very thorough.
  • amber2476
    amber2476 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam and love it!