Hello! 5'9" 29 Female IL... I need to lose about 100 lbs...

Options
Hi,

I live in IL. So guess what? A couple of weekends ago I went to the store to buy a pair of jeans... and I ended in the fitting room in tears!!! I ended up having to buy a size 22!!! Not sure if I will ever be able to get down to a size 9 again... but the thought is nice....

Anywho... I guess I am what they call and "emotional eater"... this sucks... because I can be a very emotional person!!!

Need some motivation in IL...

Replies

• MissMe9669
    Options
    Hi,

I live in IL. So guess what? A couple of weekends ago I went to the store to buy a pair of jeans... and I ended in the fitting room in tears!!! I ended up having to buy a size 22!!! Not sure if I will ever be able to get down to a size 9 again... but the thought is nice....

Anywho... I guess I am what they call and "emotional eater"... this sucks... because I can be a very emotional person!!!

Need some motivation in IL...
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hello!!! Welcome aboard. I hope you find this site helpful. I can totally relate to being in the dressing room in tears ( a few times !!!!) and being an emotional eater. It can be a difficult cycle to break. The main emotion that made me eat was stress which is a hard one to get away from. However, counting the calories and my fitness has really helped. Good luck! See ya' around the site!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I tend to do the same but you can do this. It makes such a difference tracking. I still have tough days when I still look to a sweet or something but more often than not I find my way through it. You can to, best of luck with your goals.

:flowerforyou:
  • ticklemeforever
    Options
    welcome!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am what u call compulsive eateri find my self eating when i am not hungery and sometimes i will wake up in the middle of the night and eat then go back to sleep.. or i will eat something and say what did i eat that 4
  • Dietagain
    Options
    Hi, like yourdelf i am an emotional eater:happy: at the time i feel so happy but give it 10 mins after i feel:sad: .
    I know i will feel like this but :devil: takes over. it is so hard but it can be done. I hope we can support each other. GOODLUCK xx
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hello! You hang in there girl. I was in the same position as you a few years ago.....now I just need to lose my holiday and lazy weight (about 15 lbs). I am a binge eater so I know what you are going through. It can be really hard I know but, if you want to lose the weight I believe in you. You can do it! Just believe in yourself! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I lost about 80 lbs in less than a year. Counting carbs and exercising. Had to get back to my "date weight" or so its called. I didn't have a support system to rely on, just me. It definetly made me a stronger person.

I won't lie to you. When I do have my binges, they are not small nor do they last only a few minutes. Last night I ate half a bag of chips and chocolate and cookies...... Don't feel so good about myself but, I am human and it happens. All I can do at this moment is control my eating and what I put into my mouth. Another binge will happen I know but I do know that it is better to have what you want at that moment rather than to eat everything in the fridge and then go to 7-11 for a bag of chips and a chocolate bar. :embarassed:

Good luck to you and remember you are person that deserves a healthy life no matter what your jean size.

Charlene
  • dollargirl
    Options
    Give yourself time. You didn't gain it overnight, so you won't loose it overnight! :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You can do this. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. Take your time to change your ways, and you will succeed. Think positive and we are all here for you. I wish you luck!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Thanks everyone...

I need to learn how to exercise portion control...I come from a family of large eaters.. like i was trained to eat large portions...and why the heck is healthy food so dang expensive???
  • akellyking1977
    Options
    Portion control is the hardest thing I think. I've put up all my big plates and now only have my dessert plates out. This helped a lot!! I've also started putting all snacks into zip loc bags so I'm not tempted to over eat when I do snack. I have to lose about 100 lbs myself so I'm right there with ya!

Also, I sat down and checked my bank account to see how much I wasted on fast food. In a month, I spent over $200 in junk. That more than pays for the healthy food I buy now. I hope that helps! :bigsmile:
  • cjcj
    cjcj Posts: 6
    Options
    I am in Il also...nothing wrong with being emotional..just have to channel it differently! Do you have any hobbies?

I find that if I am not doing anything productive( ie:watching tv) I tend to eat more.

I won't say good luck because luck has nothing to do with it. Good determination and will power!

cj
  • noogiep
    noogiep Posts: 35
    Options
    You can do whatever you set your mind to do!! This is a lifestyle change. Hey- I was running late for work and couldn't fit into the pants that I had chosen the night before. I absolutely hate going shopping. Good luck!