Eating your Strength training cals?

TayJoMama
TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Just wondered if a person doing strength training a few days a week, should eat into those calories on those days or not? Thanks!

Replies

• Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Actually, those are the only ones I do (usually) eat back. There is no reason for it, except maybe because they are much lower than cardio cals, but that is what I do and it works for me.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    I think they are the same as any other cals. Exercise calories. What is your thinking on them?
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    You should eat back your exercise calories, whether it's cardio or strength training. But that goes double for strength training. You can't build muscle if your operating at a deficit, so the more you eat, the more it will help with muscle development.
  • Todd1990
    Todd1990 Posts: 3
    You need protein to aid muscle recovery , in general this would require more calories , this is pretty much essential to get any benefit from strength training , if you can do this without going crazy with calories then it would probably be best however if the decision is protein or calories then protein should be priority
  • TayJoMama
    I think they are the same as any other cals. Exercise calories. What is your thinking on them?
    I guess I was thinking they weren't burning fat the same as cardio kcals, or since they're a smaller number than cardio, that maybe I shouldn't eat them. But now I'll be sure to eat into them as well.
  • TayJoMama
    oops.
This discussion has been closed.