Meal Plan this week?

hackettkate
hackettkate Posts: 7 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Iiiii need to go grocery shopping. Hardcore.

But I hate planning meals. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    I don't plan meals :) I eat what I feel I want....sometimes my body needs something hearty, some times it needs something sweet and light...sometimes more protein, sometimes more vegetables. Impossible to predict.
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    I eat a lot of grilled chicken and also it is warm where Ilive so I will be grilling out. An idea chicken and wild rice with a salad. Grill a hamburger have some cottage cheese or pasta salad, fajitas, make your own sweet and sour chicken or pork. Just a few ideas.
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    I eat a lot of grilled chicken and also it is warm where Ilive so I will be grilling out. An idea chicken and wild rice with a salad. Grill a hamburger have some cottage cheese or pasta salad, fajitas, make your own sweet and sour chicken or pork. Just a few ideas.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288

i do a lot of the grilled chicken as well - but like to mix up what i use to prepare it so i don't get bored with it. Started eating shrimp, I do Italian sausage that is made from turkey (very good). I am still finding healthier things that work for my taste, but I am getting there!
  • AshSmialek
    AshSmialek Posts: 6 Member
    Try skinnytaste.com

I find lots of my inspiration there!
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    I don't plan meals usually, but I have alot of "go to" staples in the house that I can mix in several ways. Typical days for me look something like this:

Oatmeal made with almond milk, eggs, or leftovers for breakfast.

Spinach salad (with chicken/shrimp, black beans, broccoli, olives, salsa) or sushi for lunch.

Grilled chicken and veggies, taco salad, tortilla soup, chickpea salad, or Thai beef with snow peas for dinner.

Snacks - strawberries, blueberries, Nature's Valley Dark Chocolate oat bars, baby carrots, chocolate almond milk, no sugar added mandarin oranges.
  • brneydgrlie

i do a lot of the grilled chicken as well - but like to mix up what i use to prepare it so i don't get bored with it. Started eating shrimp, I do Italian sausage that is made from turkey (very good). I am still finding healthier things that work for my taste, but I am getting there!

And grilled portobello mushrooms, as well as grilled zucchini are awesome, too!
  • brneydgrlie
    What about shish kebobs?
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    My husband made an AMAZING dinner tonight. He cut up chuck tender steaks, 2 carotts, 1 onion, 1 green bell pepper and a handfull of mushrooms and a splash of soy sauce. Covered it (in a glass dish) and put it on the grill for about 30 minutes. I normally do not eat the veggies, I just like to flavor it adds, but oh man, I ate 1.5 servings (186 calories!!!) and it was so good!!

Grilled chicken
    Turkey burgers
    Spaghetti made with lean meat
    Fajitas
    Breakfast
    Homemade pizza
    Mish-mosh of veggies
    Leftover (to clear out the fridge)
    Shrimp
    Fish
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Making my grocery list now

Chili
    Shrimp stir fry
    Jambalaya
    Afritada (Fillipino dish with veggies and chicken thighs)
    Steak with grilled zucchini
    teriyaki salmon with asparagus and brown rice

All of these dinners are 300-450 cals
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,324 Member
    Chicken here as well, also 3oz 96% lean beef on a romaine lettuce leaf with
    mustard and tomato is awesome, Try morning star veggie burgers on sandwich
    thins with baked french fries.
    I wish i could just wing it with my meals, i have to plan for all three meals
    plus snacks or i end up blowing it.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    What about shish kebobs?

I do shish kabobs a lot. Love it with chicken, shrimp and some bell peppers.
  • I HAVE to plan for our family meals otherwise I overspend.

This week its:

BBQ roast chicken with mini jacket potatos and corn on the cob
    Quorn Sausages with new potatoes and vegetables
    Quorn pieces in a honey and mustard sauce with brown rice and salad
    Quorn Bolognese with wholewheat pasta
    Gammon and pineapple with homemade wedges and peas
    Griddled Lamb steak with roast veg
    Hot chicken Salad
This discussion has been closed.