What to do if you have not met your calories by end of day?

Options
Ok...it is 11:20 at night, I'm NOT hungry but I still need to eat close to 300 calories before the end of the day just to reach my 1200 calories for the day (this isn't even including my exercise). What should I do? Eat junk (cookies, etc) just to reach this or just let it go? I don't know what the healthier thing to do is.. I know 900 calories in one day isn't good but I seriously ate normally today. I didn't intentionally limit any calories. Heck I even had Starbucks!

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, avocado or almonds is what I use as healthy "filler".
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    1tbsp of peanut butter besides what she said ^^
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well i see you have already lost 18lbs so keep doing whatever you are doing...

To be honest the (rare) days that i am shy getting my calories, i just leave it alone. Unless you are weighing and exact measuring ur food and entering in ur own calories... i like to leave some room for error :)

ALSO, it is 11:30 at night, it isnt healthy to eat before you go to bed...
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    eat peanut butter
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    V8 Fusion drink 150 calories, a full serving of fruit and veggies.
    I keep a pack in the house for days when its late and I still have a bunch of calories left to eat. However I don't force myself to eat back all of my exercise calories. I tried that for a few weeks and just ended up making myself sick by forcing to much food.
  • clairibou1
    clairibou1 Posts: 124
    Options
    if i were you, i would just leave it alone. first of all, you don't want to get your body in the habit of eating when you're not hungry. also, many people recommend short-term "calorie budgeting"- if you get a chance to have a treat sometime later this week, go for it...if you were over your goal at the beginning of the week, don't sweat it!
  • merriemouse
    Options
    I eat a high fiber cereal (Fiber one original) dry. Adds up calories, is zero points if you are also doing weight watchers and helps digestion... but, 11:30 is a little late to eat it. May not help you sleep :-) Good luck!
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    Low sugar fruit, try go veggies or even some sort of juice low in sugar (might help with some calories).
  • skshep
    skshep Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for all of the input! You all make a good point about not eating if you don't feel hungry. It seems silly to me too but I always get scared I'm going to go into starvation mode. I'm not sure if that truly even possible for someone who's 60 lbs overweight or not but the idea of working so hard for nothing scares me LOL
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If this is a one time event I wouldn't worry about hitting the 1200. You won't go into stravation mode just for missing one day on not getting to 1200 calories.