What are good exercises ...

Options
When you are alone in your room, and the gym is closed? :D Or when the gym is closed on the weekend and you don't want to go running outside.

I just want some exercises, like sit ups... or something new that I can do by myself. :) Any ideas?

Replies

• RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love to do stuff like this if I don't feel like going to the gym!! I like to do jump squats, push ups, jump lunges, jumping jacks, knee tuck jump rope without the jump rope haha, sit ups, planks, side planks, I do this in a circuit type workout, and burn awesome calories according to my HRM. good luck!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites
    Turn up the music and dance dance dance- I set a kitchen timer so I can make sure I do 20-30 mins at least.
    When the house is messy I multitask by listening to my MP3 and when I mopp I litterally run around the kitchen when I go up and down the stairs I run (very carefully- LOL In bare feet is safest.) I do lunges when I bend to pick up toys.
    I jog in place while watching a movie- this one is FANTASTIC because before you know it it's been an hour if you are really into the move. Just make sure you warm up well trust me I sprained my calf doing this without warming up first. But it's great!
    These are my main fall backs Good Luck! I also have a book called Hormonal Timing with some great circuits in there- ( no eqipment needed but some cheap handweights ) you can google buff mother hormonal timing to find her site. She rocks and also she is on youtube her name is Michelle Burger. Good Luck :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    One more thing everyone!!! I saw a new toy at a birthday party called a skip it- I am getting one right away It is a ring you put around your ankle then you spin it and jump over it- tons of fun lots of jumping great burn!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love to do stuff like this if I don't feel like going to the gym!! I like to do jump squats, push ups, jump lunges, jumping jacks, knee tuck jump rope without the jump rope haha, sit ups, planks, side planks, I do this in a circuit type workout, and burn awesome calories according to my HRM. good luck!

Jumping jacks.. *pant pant* .. make me feel like I have to pee xD LOL Thanks so much for the options! I just did 3 min of jumping jacks... I'm not prepared yet for the intensity of 5 min xD hahahah
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    steady jump rope, anything Jillian Micheals, or Pilates
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Jumping jacks.. *pant pant* .. make me feel like I have to pee xD LOL Thanks so much for the options! I just did 3 min of jumping jacks... I'm not prepared yet for the intensity of 5 min xD hahahah

I swear jumping jacks are the ultimate exercise haha!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I swear jumping jacks are the ultimate exercise haha!

IKR? :D I am gonna try to do 2 more min. and see what that does for me :D I can feel it def. in my legs...
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    One more thing everyone!!! I saw a new toy at a birthday party called a skip it- I am getting one right away It is a ring you put around your ankle then you spin it and jump over it- tons of fun lots of jumping great burn!

lol its not a new toy but glad to see its coming back! i had one when i was younger.... didnt stay in fad very long ^_^ but oh so much fun<3:tongue:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Dd just got a skip it at her birthday party today. I might have to steal it to try it tomorrow morning.
    Personally, I think Burpees are just about the worst exercise ever. I would rather do jumping jacks for 10 minutes than burpees for two. Yick!