New here...

Options
Hey all,

I've been threatening to lose weight for a while now, but not really committed to it. Me and the wife have joined here, and I'm hoping that we will be able to support each other and that I can get to my goal of losing around 40lbs..

I like that I can update my food diary on my phone, hopefully this'll mean I wont 'forget' about the things I'm eating. Although in fairness, my weak areas are takeaway and alcohol!! If you couple that with my reluctance to exercise.....well you get the idea.

Good luck to you all on all your journeys, whatever the goal!

**Edit... forgot to mention, if anyone's on twitter, let me know. (I'm fatmikeslim on there)

Mike

Replies

• Serenity711
    Serenity711 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and your wife! I have about 40 more pounds to lose before I reach my goal, myself. I hope you guys find this website as helpful as helpful as my boyfriend and I have.

We have both lost 20lbs, by staying below our calories goals (with a few cheat days here and there) and not so strenuous exercise. I like to jog 2 miles a day on the treadmill- 1 mile in the am, 1 mile in the pm... but my boyfriend has lost 20lbs by just eating right. He went to the park and walked 2 miles around the track with me twice since we first started dieting in March.

Also, I don't wanna preach, but alcohol has a TON of calories.. Maybe try a light beer, like MGD 64. I had to get my boyfriend to switch from regular Monster energy drinks to the low carb, which has alot less sugar, and is only 20 calories for a 16 oz can (technically 2 servings.)

Most of the time there is an alternative to the normal things people like to eat & drink, and if you're absolutely unsure what the alternative is feel free to ask someone!

Good luck to you!! :happy:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey! I've been here for a while and its great and there are loads of success stories to keep you motivated. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi and welcome

this is a fab site for getting the help and motivation u need!

feel free to friend request me x
  • tezarozaboza
    tezarozaboza Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm here to join you hubby!