relatively new

Options
sahjeh
sahjeh Posts: 9
Hi ,
I'm pretty new at this. I started my account months ago but haven't used it. I'm getting started again though. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get started on the site?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Log on every day. Enter all the food you eat into your diary. BE HONEST. See if you can stay within your goals. If you find you are over make changes.
    I try to add things before I eat them so I can see if they are going to mess up my day.
    Leave yourself enough for the whole day, Don't eat all your calories in the morning.
    If you find you do, you can exercise and get back some calories so you can have dinner.
    Stay away form processed foods. Cook for yourself.
    Eat a lot of fresh fruits and Veggies.
    Low fat cheese, milk, dressings
    Whole grain lower carb breads, crackers and cereal. Oatmeal is good too.
    Beans and no salt frozen and canned veggies. No sauces or gravy. High in sugars and sodium.
    Fish, Lean Meats, All Fresh. Make a ton of chicken on one day and freeze in servings so you can have it for the week. Salad, Sandwiches and Dinners.
    If you have any questions just log on and post.

Oh and if you want to get a ton of replys just add the words peanut butter in your post. These people love peanut butter. LOL
  • pandaeye
    pandaeye Posts: 126
    Options
    You have started well by putting on this post! Best way is to log on every day, see what others are up to in the community and comment on them ( make yourself known) use the site to help you on your weight loss journey and make some wonderful supportive new friends! I don't have much of a life outside of work and home but love this site! I try to see it as a bit of fun too, you'll find it addictive after a while especially when the weight starts to drop off. Good luck and all the best :) xx
  • sahjeh
    sahjeh Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks to both of you for your reply!! I really appreciate it & already find it very helpful. I'm really getting started today & am anxious about it. I know it's something I must do though. Thanks again!!