What a day!

Options
Well it started off great - I've lost more weight again :happy:
Got to work, only to find that one of my service users (elderly gentleman look after) passed away just before 6am this morning :sad:

Spoke to his 2 sons after work, telling me how much their dad thought of me - it was really emotional.
Now I feel completely washed out :yawn:

It's really hit me hard, cos, despite the fact that I shouldn't get too involved, but when you care for someone 6 days a week for 10 months, you get to know them inside and out. He was an old moaner to most carers, but we really bonded after I sat and listened to his life story, and found out why he was so hard.

Sorry, I know this irrelevant to weight lose, but I just needed to open up to someone.

Jackie

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well it started off great - I've lost more weight again :happy:
    Got to work, only to find that one of my service users (elderly gentleman look after) passed away just before 6am this morning :sad:

Spoke to his 2 sons after work, telling me how much their dad thought of me - it was really emotional.
    Now I feel completely washed out :yawn:

It's really hit me hard, cos, despite the fact that I shouldn't get too involved, but when you care for someone 6 days a week for 10 months, you get to know them inside and out. He was an old moaner to most carers, but we really bonded after I sat and listened to his life story, and found out why he was so hard.

Sorry, I know this irrelevant to weight lose, but I just needed to open up to someone.

Jackie
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry I hope your day gets better
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Ohh, Jackie! I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope the day gets better for you. Congrats on the weight loss..you're doing great! Vent here ANYTIME!:flowerforyou:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry!! What a way to start your day. It's good to be emotionally attached a little. It's part of what makes us human. I'll bet he really appreciated you.

Be good to yourself today!! Well everyday, but especially today.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Because you cared enough to think of him as a person with dignity and humanity and not just as a patient or a problem, you were able to make the last 10 months of that man's life better.

I know that the loss is hard on you. {{{{HUG}}}} But don't apologize for sharing your feelings here ... your emotions definitely DO have a lot to do with weight loss. Congratulations on continuing to lose weight and especially for being in touch with what you are feeling and sharing it here instead of stuffing it down with food!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Because you cared enough to think of him as a person with dignity and humanity and not just as a patient or a problem, you were able to make the last 10 months of that man's life better.

I know that the loss is hard on you. {{{{HUG}}}} But don't apologize for sharing your feelings here ... your emotions definitely DO have a lot to do with weight loss. Congratulations on continuing to lose weight and especially for being in touch with what you are feeling and sharing it here instead of stuffing it down with food!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Aw bless you, thank you sooooo much - you and everyone :heart:
    Feeling all emotional now (again), I'm just glad I had the opportunity to get to know this man for the person he was inside, he'd had a very hard life, and came out the other end, I will always treasure the little time I cared for him, he was a true inspiration.