Which part of YOUR body shrinks first?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
When you lose weight, which part of your body starts shrinking first? Which part is the most stubborn?

For me, I seem to lose weight quickly in my face, neck, back and thighs.

My calves and tummy are VERY stubborn. I can live with thick calves, but the tummy fat is seriously unwanted! My waist size went down a bit, but I think most of that is from my lower back, and not the front side of my waist...

Replies

• ginnym1981
    ginnym1981 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I lose from the face down.

Doomed to be pear shaped for sure!!! lol
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My face, neck, and stomach are the first to show. I can usually tell about what my weight is day to day from the difference in the way my stomach feels when I wake up in the morning.

But- my upper legs and arms NEVER EVER change. Very frustrating! As I try and fit into different pants, the waists will be way too loose but the pang legs are still SUPER tight on my legs. My arms too - they make tank tops very difficult.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I lose in my face and waist first. My hips and thighs are stubborn, but they do go down eventually and my chest DOES NOT BUDGE. Last year I lost 30 pounds and my chest was the same from the time I started until the time I stopped. My band size went down, but not the boobs.

I don't really pay attention to my arms, but I'm pretty sure they're slow too.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Boobs. Of course
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Legs on up....I'm doomed with an apple shaped body!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I'm with cupotee- then it's my neck and face
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Boobs. Of course

OH ABSOLUTELY!!!!! LOL! Linda/RN
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My favorite pair of purple velvet kitten heel shoes were the first article of clothing to get too big to wear. So... my feet? Really?! :laugh:

Other than that, I think I shrank rather uniformly.
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options
    I think I notice it in my face and my waistline first. I'm 5'10 and have it very evenly distributed all over, which is sort of a blessing, I guess. Upper arms are rather stubborn now that I just have a desk job.
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options
    I forgot - my boobs NEVER change. Just had my first mammogram in which I was told they were extremely dense and not much fat tissue, so that's probably why.
  • buryherdead
    Options
    my face
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    sadly, my boobs!
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost in my face, my legs and my boobs. My tummy is taking forever. I dislike having my tummy stick out more than my boobs...
  • electricnarwhal
    Options
    My face, chin, neck area are the first to go. I have a roundish/ovalish face naturally, but it was great to see some cheeks in there at some point haha. And of course, the boobies... Sigh.

Everything else is slow. Stomach, butt, legs, arms, everything!
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    luckily, my stomach and hips are the first place i lose weight. but my thighs are the last :grumble:
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Boobs and booty!!

The two places I DON'T need to lose!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Face and collarbone area, then back, and waist. (Boobs, hips and thighs are very stubborn. But everytime I gain that's where it seems to go first.) My arms are pretty solid, not much to lose there.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Tends to be over my boobs and hips, which is rubbish as it seems to make my middle look bigger, and it's the middle that I really need to lose!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I lost from everywhere but the boobs are the most noticable.
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    my face then my stomach

don't know why this posted twice......oh well :laugh: