Fitness equipment ? does anyone use ankle weights etc?

Options
Diana061
Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
To enhance your work out.. does anyone use ankle weights or anything like that .. I'm looking to kick up my workout as I seem to have hit a wall...

Replies

• jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Sometimes I'll strap on ankle and wrist weights when I go for a walk. There might be a slight increase in calorie burn, but that's about it. Maybe instead add a new activity to mix up your workouts?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I do during Zumba and walks. I don't notice the extra weight until I take them off, then I can "feel it".
  • kittynurse
    kittynurse Posts: 57
    Options
    I think the most important thing to do when you hit a wall is to bump up the intensity in whatever way you can. What is your normal workout regimen? What does your diet plan look like?
  • coachweaver
    Options
    I like to use 2lb weights on my ankles when I ride my bike and use the treadmill. Its fun to switch it up on the mill between feet and arms for a little extra buuuuurrrrnnnnnn.
  • Diana061
    Options
    besides the bit of extra calories burned.. I am interested if ankle weights or wrist weights enhance toning as well.. also has anyone tried those wraps around your tummy.. seems it would make you sweat more.. and lose more weight, but it would just be water weight that would be replaced once you re hydrated
  • Diana061
    Options
    I think the most important thing to do when you hit a wall is to bump up the intensity in whatever way you can. What is your normal workout regimen? What does your diet plan look like?

I try to set to the gym 3 times a week... its 20 miles away ...Im eating about 1,200 cals and log most days.. I've been ill this week so i didnt complete my diary. Also i was looking into resitance bands to try.. for toning anyone has any luck with those ? thanks a bunch !!!
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I use ankle weights when i get down in the floor and do leg raises to work out my hips, legs & thighs. But i never use them while walking, i heard the weight messes up your balance while walking.
  • Diana061
    Options
    I use ankle weights when i get down in the floor and do leg raises to work out my hips, legs & thighs. But i never use them while walking, i heard the weight messes up your balance while walking.

That was one of my concerns... i had polio as a child and one leg is shorter than the other, and also had a muscle and tendon transplant at age 5.... I'd like to tone my legs... but more important to a woman my age.. is flabby arms...
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I switched from the supplied resistance band to ripcords resistance bands for my PS3 EA Sports Active 2 workouts. It has made a big difference - I am starting to see muscle definition in my arms that wasn't there before.