I need help!

Options
I am at my all time high and I can admit it is my own fault. I use food as a crutch and I thought with hubby deployed I would have this great transformation and I have just gained! AHHH! I need some motivation! I don't know what tto eat and what workout program to do to see great results... I dont want to be on a treadmill five hours a day... I want something practical. Please, any advice would be helpful

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If any program tells you to use a treadmill 5 hours a day, it's not very efficient. You would also die quickly.

For eating, my motto is to eat half of what I could. You should find that you will still feel full, but took in half the calories. Drinking a glass of water with your meal helps with this as well.

For exercise I would have you start with the couch to 5k program (www.c25k.com). This is a simple jogging program to help get you moving. Once you have gotten through this, I'm sure you'll come across many other ideas on this site on how to progress from there.

Start simple, you won't need a huge convoluted diet / exercise program to see initial results.
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Jillians Michael's 30 day shred is good. You can do it at home with small dumbells and its about 27 minutes long with great results.
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i would make sure to weigh/measure & log everything you eat at the beginning. it's very hard to eyeball something and get the portion correct. drink lots & lots of water. i try to drink at least 1 glass of water before eating each meal, it helps fill you up & is what your body needs to flush out toxins. as far as exercise goes, i started out slow, walking as far as i could, but doing it every day until my stamina increased. it gets easier, you just can't give up. feel free to add me as a friend, and we can encourage each other. :happy:
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    I agree with the 30 Day Shred! I'm doing it now.

As for food, the most important thing is to educate yourself on what you are putting in your mouth! (READ LABELS & LOG YOUR FOOD)

You will start being able to make better choices once you see what everything consists of calorie-wise, etc.

Don't give up! You can do it!