gardening

Options
Is anyone else addicted to gardening? I live in VT on the Canadian border and we're expecting a heavy frost tomorrow night. I'm so sad because it will mean the loss of my garden. :brokenheart: My family (and friends) have been so spoiled with fresh veggies over the summer months. I need to get out there today and tomorrow and bring in what I can. I'll be freezing beets, carrots and pumpkin and drying herbs.

Replies

• Laynee
    Options
    Is anyone else addicted to gardening? I live in VT on the Canadian border and we're expecting a heavy frost tomorrow night. I'm so sad because it will mean the loss of my garden. :brokenheart: My family (and friends) have been so spoiled with fresh veggies over the summer months. I need to get out there today and tomorrow and bring in what I can. I'll be freezing beets, carrots and pumpkin and drying herbs.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I think I would like it a lot more if there was a time when there wasn't something to do outside. We can garden year round down here in Texas.
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Oh! So sorry for your garden. Nothing beats home grown veggies.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    im not a big veggie gardener but LOVE the lillies... here are a few pics from my garden this year....

n753664337_1099397_65111.jpg
    2008_02210012.jpg
    2008_02060005.jpg
  • Laynee
    Options
    What GORGEOUS lillies! I have a lot of flowers too (but no lillies) and will be sorry to see them go. I just have to keep in mind that even though I'm losing my garden, the fall season here is quite beautful too. Winter, well that's another story!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Awww, sorry to hear that. I was reading the weather forecast for the NE and felt bad for you fellow gardeners!!!