ezekiel bread almost gluten free??

Options
tierra85
tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
I heard that sprouted grain breads like Ezekiel were gluten free. Not 100%. So im wondering if thats okay for someone like me with a gluten sensitivity to eat. I do NOT have Celiac disease. Which i understand this bread is not okay at all.

Replies

• mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    They do have gluten free breads, but not sure about the sprouted grain being gluten free. I've used their other breads before and am transitioning to gluten free as well so I will look further into this.

http://foodforlife.com/product-catalog/gluten-free-wheat-free-breads/gluten-free
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Opps double post.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do NOT have celiac, but I have an autoimmune and there is a link between the benefits of eating gluten free and improvement of autoimmune disorders. Gluten free diets are either an all or nothing deal... it really truly only works if you completely abstain, unfortunately. Even if you have a slight sensitivity, your body will react to the slightest cross contamination. I am also a former health care practitioner...
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh, and no, it is NOT gluten free ;)
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    I am just learning more about Gluten free diet, and my doc suggested I try it. Any suggestions for websites or books where i can research so I make sure I am eating the right stuff?
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I am just learning more about Gluten free diet, and my doc suggested I try it. Any suggestions for websites or books where i can research so I make sure I am eating the right stuff?

http://glutenfreegirl.com
  • rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • sodonne4
    sodonne4 Posts: 2
    Options
    I found out that I had a gluten intolerance as well as to cow's milk and eggs. I thought it was going to be really challenging to find foods to eat besides fruits, veggies, and meat. I was really wrong! It is really fun trying out new things.
    Best blogs for recipes: Glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com and Thenondairyqueen.blogspot.com (Both of these women are professional chefs who had to relearn to cook gluten free)

Best bread that I've found that is gluten free is by Food for Life- they make the Ezekiel bread but it is NOT gluten free. Pamela's mixes are great for cakes, cornbread, etc. Chex has gluten free cereal too. If you are going to venture out a doing some gluten free baking from scratch- make sure to buy a gluten free flour blend or blend your own for the best results.

Good luck!!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much for the tips! i have an auto-immune disease. and im lactose intolerant. its been getting easier i notice. im feeling so much better :)