NSV!! beat personal best time!

Options
nikibob
nikibob Posts: 165 Member
When I first started running back in september, my absolute best time for a mile was 18 mins and change. At first this was my only form of exercise and I eventually got it down to 15 mins then found another exercise that I liked better and just stuck to intervals on the treadmill instead of sustained running. A couple weeks ago out of curiosity I decided to try my mile again to see how bad it was since I hadn't been working on it. I got it in 12 minutes on the first try!! I was super pumped. Today, I decided to see if it was a fluke so I tried again. I beat that time by 30 seconds!! My mile today was 11:30 after doing an intense workout before I even got on the treadmill. I never thought about just being fit in general making it easier to sustain a jog/run on the treadmill. Woo for measurable progress!! :)

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work!
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    thats great! i just got my 1st treadmill goal of 5 miles in 1 hr this wk too! =D
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good for you...

I started out doing 2 mph on the level. Doing 20 mins and having to take my puffer after.. Now I can do 3.2 mphs on an incline of 2 with out a puffer. Today I walked 4 miles but it took 75 minutes. I will probably never be able to walk 5 miles in 12 minutes, but I am working on it...
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! It is interesting how just being in better shape can translate into being able to jog longer/faster without really practicing it. When I started the end of March I could barely run 1/4 mile at 4.5mph. So I was just doing a lot of walking on the treadmill. Then one day I just tried a mile at 5mph and I did it. Though it wasn't easy and I was huffing and puffing a lot by the end. It was the first time I had gone a mile since junior year in HS (and I'm 41 now).

A couple week later I was able to do 2 miles without having built up to it since I had jogged the one mile.

Two weeks ago I did the 30 day shred in the morning (which still kicks my butt), walked the dogs and mowed the lawn. Got on the treadmill and did 4 miles at 5mph. That was crazy since I hadn't gone any long distance since the 2 miles. What I really noticed is that when I first went 1 mile and then 2 miles I stopped because I was basically feeling out of breath. But with 4 miles I stopped not because I felt out of breath but because my legs were feeling tired!

It's amazing what our bodies can do once we start giving them a little 'push'. Good luck with your training and I'm sure you will see even faster times in the future!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!