Sports bras!

Options
Should have included this in with my question about run capris, but forgot to. I need a FIRM sports bra. No bounce. I'm a 38DD and gravity is not my friend right now. I made it thru two babies with only minimal lost in elevation, but these last 5lbs I swear I can feel my skin stretching above my boobs, which are starting to look... well... sad. They didn't used to cast their gaze downward. My upper chest hurting from the bounce from run/walking and ever bounce makes me feel like my skin is getting more streched out. HELP!!! Need bra recommendations!!!!.

Replies

• bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask for the same advice. I've dropped from a 38DD to 36DD now but still have the same problem!! It looks awful when i'm working out too!
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    44DD here, and Moving Comfort and Enell are probably my favorites.
  • bex879165
    Options
    44DD here, and Moving Comfort and Enell are probably my favorites.

Not relevant to post but cannot figure out how you got your posts to have your goals etc underneath your posting?? Help!! :-)
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just bought a relatively inexpensive Danskin sports bra from WalMart, and it is definitely holding the girls back!
  • kldobbs02
    kldobbs02 Posts: 8
    Options
    When I was a 36DD I had the same problem. I never fixed it though... never found one that worked for me. I was always the one stuck wearing 2 sports bras! UGH

Maybe you could try that until you find your perfect match?
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Enell hands down! I was a 40DDD when I started and it was the ONLY thing that held me in. Now I'm down to a 36DD and with a new Enell I'm still happy :D They take a little getting used to because they are tight (hook and eyelet close in the front) but NO stretch. Totally worth the money!!!

PS, the goals etc are in our signatures :D
  • lilmissmanx
    lilmissmanx Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the sizing, but Shock Absorber do really good sports bras, and they make ones specific to the activity you're doing. I think there's one for running, one for ball sports and one for racket sports. Plus the usual everyday ones.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I know as a guy im not suppose to know this but you need to make sure it says for high impact. Low impact is made for walking, medium impact for like biking, and high impact for jogging and running. Need to make sure they cover properly and tight but not so tight its cutting into the skin. If your a Nike fan you will be sadto know they don't make many high impact bras but Adidas I believe still does.
  • bex879165
    Options
    Enell hands down! I was a 40DDD when I started and it was the ONLY thing that held me in. Now I'm down to a 36DD and with a new Enell I'm still happy :D They take a little getting used to because they are tight (hook and eyelet close in the front) but NO stretch. Totally worth the money!!!

:-) Thank you!! I was looking more in the settings and it was in front of me all the time!
  • RobinMSills
    RobinMSills Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36DD (I think? Now I can't remember) and the only thing I've found that I really like is a good wireless bra under a sports bra. It didn't matter how "high tech" my sports bra was, it wasn't until I started wearing it over an underwire that I stopped feeling like someone was hitting me in the chest with a baseball bat. Now I just buy whatever's on sale and tight. If I'm really going to be bouncing around I throw on a shelf bra tank over the whole getup.

I love the Lane Bryant full coverage cotton bra to work out in. Usually I wear the demi cup for day to day, but the full coverage really minimizes the bouncing, and the underwire has the added perk of minimizing the uniboob sweat. (I know, gross, but don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about)
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Just googled the Enell. They are pricy and not pretty, but I think thats EXACTLY what I need. Thanks for the info.
  • nhsullivan
    Options
    I found one and i am a 36 DD under armor... expensive but they hold me in and when i could run 3 to 4 miles they were up and stuck.. very little bounce... they are even good with circuit training really anything... but i would go in try one on.. it has to be tight..
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    Have a look on Bravissimo for some ideas, there's not loads but great for Busty ladies. The ones they do on there are really supportive and you can wear them as on their own as top. They are pricey so you may want to google the ones you like the look of.