Not Changing

Options
I've lost 7 lbs since i started using MFP and i only have 3 to go. But i can't get the scale to budge! I guess the good news is that i'm not gaining weight, but my goal calculator says that i should be losing a pound a week. I'm definitely not. What's wrong?

Replies

• stizzef
    Options
    I've lost 7 lbs since i started using MFP and i only have 3 to go. But i can't get the scale to budge! I guess the good news is that i'm not gaining weight, but my goal calculator says that i should be losing a pound a week. I'm definitely not. What's wrong?
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    increase the intensity of your workouts. Maybe you're not eating enough. If it's only 3 lbs left, it will take you longer to lose those 3 lbs than it will to lose the first 7.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Are you doing muscle building exercises? Muscle is denser than fat so will make you weigh more but look slimmer.

Are you eating all of your exercise Calories? If your not eating enough, especially since you are so close to your goal, your body will hold on to the fat because that's what our bodies are designed to do. It's a survival thing, so if there is a time you can't get food your body will have stored energy to keep you alive.

You could also be retaining water, not getting enough fiber, etc.

Really, at 3 pounds to go you should consider just trying to tone up if you feel you need it, and maybe try a half lb (or less) a week loss. You'll have to lose the last weight slower because your body really doesn't want to give it up.
  • monica5237
    Options

I can kind of relate I only have 5 pounds to go to my first really big goal and i can't get there but I am trying everyday and I don't get disscouraged. Keep it up girl you can do it:flowerforyou:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have around 3lbs left to go and keep fluctuatting by around 0.5lb. To be honest I don't need to lose it but want to for vanity's sake I suppose. Been like it for weeks and am thinking I might as well try to maintain this and tone rather than lose ..easier I think!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is probably too much of a calorie deficit for someone who only needs to loose 3 pounds. There are some really great posts on the subject. You might be sabatoging your efforts by trying to loose too much too quickly. If you have too high a deficit you'll have a hard time loosing. Try changing your goals to loose less, like 1/2 a pound a week or even less than that. I'd bet that you have more success.

Also, that three pounds is only a number, what has made you pick it as your final goal? Concentrate on toning and on maintanence and I'd bet you get there faster than you are right now worrying about that last three pounds.

I bet you look great!
  • stizzef
    Options
    Thanks guys...
    I think the problem may be that i'm not doing much excercise, just relying on eating 1200 calories a day to lose weight. I'm going to join a cardio kickboxing class and see if that helps! And you're right, 1 lb a week does kinda seem like too much.
    :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have heard vivikay (who has lost like 85 lbs) suggest setting your goals to maintain, but for your goal weight. So if fyou want to weigh 125, set your current weight as 125 and make your goal to maintain. The loss will be slow but it will happen. 3 pounds really wont make a ton of difference in your overall health or appearance, so be patient, let it come off on its own.