What I did after I lost 100 lbs in 5 months

Options
jhardenbergh
jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
I got a tattoo as a reward, something to remind me not to go back to my bad eating ways. A tribal style Phoenix rising from my sun

tattoopic3.jpg

tattoopic2.jpg

Replies

• Ready4Changes
    Options
    Gratz on your loss.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!! It's fantastic! :glasses:
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing and I'm very impressed by your progress. What's your secret? I'm having a hard time getting the last 25 lbs off and it's driving me nuts! I want to lose 15 more by the time my friend gets married in July. Any advice you can throw my way, would be greatly appreciated beyond belief! Keep up the excellent work mister! You rock!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thats a badazz tat! Even better is your amazing loss!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Nice! And congrats on your success!!! I'm hoping to pierce my belly button once I uncover it from the rolls surrounding it! :smile:
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    Wow that's amazing and I'm very impressed by your progress. What's your secret? I'm having a hard time getting the last 25 lbs off and it's driving me nuts! I want to lose 15 more by the time my friend gets married in July. Any advice you can throw my way, would be greatly appreciated beyond belief! Keep up the excellent work mister! You rock!

Stay away from starchy carbs and alcohol, do at least 20 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then at least 30 minutes of cardio before dinner. I limited my carbs to around 100 grams a day all coming from green veggies, no peas though, too much sugar. Don't eat processed foods.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment! Good idea to get the tattoo too! Love it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!!!!!
  • Smiley393
    Smiley393 Posts: 26
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! You must feel amazing! Congrats to you!!! Nice tat:)
  • AndyAt160lbs
    AndyAt160lbs Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Stay away from starchy carbs and alcohol, do at least 20 minutes of cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then at least 30 minutes of cardio before dinner. I limited my carbs to around 100 grams a day all coming from green veggies, no peas though, too much sugar. Don't eat processed foods.

That is a lot of carbs from just veggies how did you eat that many everyday? I like the limiting of the Carbs I do that as well, just wondering how many Veggies you eat a day to hit that number.....Great job though on the loss what you did worked....I could use a fellow lower carb guy as a friend feel free to add me if you want.

Andy
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on your loss,& you tattoo is awesome
  • jhardenbergh
    Options

That is a lot of carbs from just veggies how did you eat that many everyday? I like the limiting of the Carbs I do that as well, just wondering how many Veggies you eat a day to hit that number.....Great job though on the loss what you did worked....I could use a fellow lower carb guy as a friend feel free to add me if you want.

Andy

I also have some meal replacement shakes that have some carbs in them as well, I do three meal replacement shakes per day and a dinner consisting of 6 oz of lean protein, 3 servings of veggies, and a fruit (usually apple, banana, or orange)
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Congratss for reaching 100 lb lost. You done a fantastic make over You and your wife both.
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thanks for the support everyone
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your impressive loss!!!

I'm following a similar food plan ... 2-3 protein shakes + 2 meals each consisting of protein, veg & fat.
    I need to incorporate more exercise though.

To see you be so successful with your plan makes me confident that I'll get there too.

All the best to you!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Very cool design! I love it! And congrats on a great milestone! :flowerforyou:
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    Very cool, tat! Congrats on 100 lbs down, that's an awesome achievement!:flowerforyou:
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    Very cool design! I love it! And congrats on a great milestone! :flowerforyou:

I saw your post on your tattoo earlier, i know you said that you drew and designed it yourself, but you saw some pictures on the internet that inspired you. I only ask because the guy I went to specializes in Celtic design and had some similar drawings on his webpage and when I googled Celtic designs his was like the first page that came up. Mine was done by Capt Brett in Newport, RI. Your tat is pretty sweet.
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am actually doing a lot of those things that you mentioned and I notice on the days that I eat less carbs and sugars a few days later I lose (must take a few days to catch up is my guess). I do however go over my sugar limits a couple times a week just to shock my system and that seems to be working most of the time. I will try your suggestion of cardio in the morning and cardio at night. Thanks for the tips and excellent job on the weight loss!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I did something similar, I actually got my tattoo ahead of time as a sign of changing my life for the better, it seems to have worked... :) Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!