Instead of food, I now turn to...

Options
Cleaning. One of the thingsI have become obsessed with cleaning. I take my nervous energy out on my floors and windows.

What about you?

Replies

• emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Cleaning. One of the thingsI have become obsessed with cleaning. I take my nervous energy out on my floors and windows.

What about you?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

What about you?

Because I care about your health, Emi. I'm gonna give you my address. :bigsmile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose you would consider visiting me for a week or two?

As I've become more committed to exercise, I've let cleaning my house go to he**. I need some help.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    When I need to get some steam out, that's what I do. Our apartment is spotless!! :laugh:
    I like to go for a run too, it helps!!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    MFP! :bigsmile:

I like to indulge in a massive cleaning spree every once in a while though, too! At least once a month, I do from ceiling to floors, in every room(bathrooms included). I don't think I could ever hire a housekeeper, I'd be critiquing waaaay too much - and I like my privacy! :wink:
  • AmyJ
    AmyJ Posts: 14
    Options
    my address is.....
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I come to this site when the munchie demonds call my name
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do it too. My boyfriend calls it a "cleaning frenzy". They happen unexpectedly. I'll just go to put one thing away and then and then.... until the whole house is cleaned.

Did you know that "doing housework" is listed in the exercise database? I usually log it when I do the floors, since that's a lot of work.

Happy obsessing!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Here's my address too. It's

:laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Exercising!

*Ducks from those throwing their sneakers at me*...........:ohwell:

I just love how it makes me feel. Especially if I am ticked off about something!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

What about you?

Because I care about your health, Emi. I'm gonna give you my address. :bigsmile:
    LOL!!! I paint (like the inside of the house) or I :blushing: clean
  • Juliebean
    Options
    The message boards of MFP if I'm at work, cleaning if I'm at home.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    yeah- I like to do ab work or yoga poses...
    or anything outdoors
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    don't think I could ever hire a housekeeper, I'd be critiquing waaaay too much - and I like my privacy!

My mother (rest her) was the all-time obsessive-compulsive poster child for the neatnik crowd. Honest to God true story here ~ the cleaning lady came in on Fridays and on Thursday night, Mum would be zooming around like a crankster on an 8 day tweak, cleaningcleaningcleaning. If anyone dared to question why, she'd get this horrified look on her face and say "I don't want Mrs. Fagan to think that we're dirty, sloppy people!" At Mum's wake, Mrs. Fagan confided in me that she always felt guilty about taking money from Mum for house cleaning because when she came in, the place was so spotless, there was nothing she could do except add another layer to the gloss :wink: It took me many years of intensive effort and training to overcome the effects of my childhood but I'm finally to the point to where I can actually leave a glass in the sink overnight and don't go burn out a few vacuums a year....now if I could only break the habit of being unable to wear something more than once before having to wash it first............:laugh:
  • mendod
    Options
    I got myself sick with allergies because it was either - workout or knock down an old wood shed. I opted for the shed since it was a nice windy day. I had no idea that the wood shed had a large area on the roof that had a whole in it. So, all the things in there were ruined and wet. I rebagged the stuff, set it aside, managed to knock down the whole thing and started putting it in a pile in the front yard for our city's bulk waste people to pick up. I thought - its the 1st of the month - I have 5 days to get it done so I did it. Well, I had no idea you could get sick from mold spores and dust and all so I got myself sick with allergies. I don't ever have them but I don't ever want them back! FYI - if you do knock down something or have to clean wet or just dusty stuff - put on a mask and save yourself a week of sickness! I did get a workout - more than I could have ever gotten at the gym. Next time - I will just stay in the house. Oh, after I knocked down the shed - I actually had time to cut the backyard grass. What a dufus! Ha!
  • mendod
    Options
    I forgot to add. I mow my own yard. Yesterday I didn't want to go to the gym (saving gas) so I asked my neice if I could cut her grass. It was tall grass/weeds but I did it and was sweating and that was a good thing! So, cleaning/mowing is a good way to exercise and get your mind off of food you don't need. Plus drinking a lot of water is good for you too. It also helps me fall straight to sleep for a nice restful sleep!