Loose stomach skin

Options
So, ive lost 35 pounds since last year, and 20 of those pounds were since March 1st.

I work out 5 days a week, and I do ZUMBA and ZUMBA Toning 5 days a week (alternating days), and I lift weights 3 days a week. Im also working on pullups and abdominal exercising.

My problem is, I have a good amount of abdominal skin left over. I know there isnt a ton of fat under there anymore, because I can feel my abdominal muscles under it, but the skin is so gross.

I had a 65 pound weight gain with my 14 year old daughter, and only lost like 40 of that, then had my son 8 years ago and gained another 50 pounds. My stomach was stretched the heck out....

Will this even tone up or will it always be like this? Im thinking if it stays like that I might get a tummy tuck and probably a boob job (my boobs have done even worse in my weight loss!!!)

So anyone have any info for me? ANyone going through this? Is there ANYTHING I can do????

Thansk so much for your help guys!!!!!!

Replies

• tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of loose skin on my belly. Not too bad, I can live with it.

A friend of mine, who was THIN THIN THIN but got really stretched out when she was pregnant (not from weight gain, just from the pregnancies). She had to have a tummy tuck. She was so skinny and her belly skin hung down so low, she was miserable. She looked GREAT after she had it taken care of and was much happier after that. Just make sure you don't plan on having any more children.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling and I am sorry for you. I have had 4 stomach surgeries and there is just no muscle to be felt. I work and work on it and slowly I see the flab going down, but it takes forever.
    I would be interested to hear any suggestions as well.
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    oooh yes this totally freaks me out too!! I posted a topic like this a few weeks ago was encouraged by the positve feedback about skin slowly shrinking back but I have heard too that sometimes surgery is the only solution and I'm too wondering if I'll have to look at a tummy tuck argh !!! ...

I am encouraged that my tummy seems to have shrunk but I've got a lot of fat still to burn and I'm thinking I'm gonna be similar to you once all the fat is gone :( .

My arms are a big issue for me too I totally have wings lol

I'm thinking positive though !!! I'll be watching to see what others have to say about this .
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, a tummy tuck is the only option because pregnancy can cause you to lose the elasticity in your skin. My BFF had a tummy tuck and she looks fantastic!
  • Mommawarrior
    Options

Thanks for the link.
    Interesting stuff.
  • Mommawarrior
    Options

Thanks for the link.
    Interesting stuff.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    CassieLou, what kind of abs workout are you doing?
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options

Interesting...the doctor sited in this article is a local doctor here where I live! Thanks for sharing.

Cassie, I have this same issue...before you say anything...my "pooch" as I call it is not visible in my pic because it is hiding in my swimsuit :blushing: I have the same issue and my OB said the only way I will get rid of mine is through surgery. I had 2 c-sections and being so short, I was stretched to kingdom come. As my bodyfat decreses, so does the pooch, but nowhere near how I'd like it to look. I am planning on having it removed over winter break.
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    I have NOT tried this myself, but just read a post that said "Palmers firming butter"...someone was claiming it to be a tummy tuck in a bottle. I do know that products pay people to put stuff like that on sites like this, but when I checked out the product on Amazon it got GREAT ratings. At $7 a bottle, I'll give it a try, and keep you posted!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I can hide my pooch now too, and its not bad, and not anywhere enar what it was, only I know its there, well me and my boyfriend.... I want to get to the point where I can walk around stark naked and not have any flab hanging down and feel 100% confident in myself.

I do a lot of hanging leg lifts, leg lifts, crunches, pullups, basically anything. Im not sure of the names of all them. I bought a gym book and follow their suggestions.

I can feel the muscles, so they are working, only the skin is hiding them...
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Try Billy Blanks Tae Bo abs workouts and even Pilates. You don't only want to build strength in your abs, (crunches and situps, etc.) will do this. You want to do twisting workouts that will slim your waist.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

Interesting...the doctor sited in this article is a local doctor here where I live! Thanks for sharing.

Cassie, I have this same issue...before you say anything...my "pooch" as I call it is not visible in my pic because it is hiding in my swimsuit :blushing: I have the same issue and my OB said the only way I will get rid of mine is through surgery. I had 2 c-sections and being so short, I was stretched to kingdom come. As my bodyfat decreses, so does the pooch, but nowhere near how I'd like it to look. I am planning on having it removed over winter break.

I know I will probably have to have surgery...2 C-sections as well. I'm doing what you've done. I'm trying to get my body fat % down and then have it done if needed.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I too have this same problem my problem is I can't really hide it and surgery is very expensive.... I've lost 70 lbs and mine skin is slow retracting. I dont know... I'm going to have to do something!!!! Please help me too!!!!
  • MsMadmagic
    MsMadmagic Posts: 66
    Options
    I've heard good stuff about Palmers Cocoa Butter also. I can't vouch for its firming properties but for the price it's worth a shot!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Try Billy Blanks Tae Bo abs workouts and even Pilates. You don't only want to build strength in your abs, (crunches and situps, etc.) will do this. You want to do twisting workouts that will slim your waist.

I said on the original post that I do Zumba 5 days a week, so I definately get a TON of twisting in...So thats not helping me much either...