I need some suggestions please! :)

Options
So I'm pretty stoked for this upcoming Monday! I made plans to have some friends over for lunch and then we're going hiking! My plan is to barbeque some chicken breast on the grill, and have a tossed salad, possibly a fruit salad for dessert. However can you guys think of maybe another healthy (simple) side dish and/or dessert to go with the chicken? I would just like to see some other options. Thanks guys!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Have some fresh sliced veggies, like carrots, cucumbers, asparagus.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Have stuff they could add to their salads to make it more filling, sliced hard boiled eggs, sunflower seeds, nuts, crumbled blue cheese or feta.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Fresh Salsa! its always nice with Chicken. You can also do a bean salad!
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    grill up some veggies, thats yummy
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad
    Baked sweet potatoes (if you quarter them, they cook much faster)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Corn on the cob on the grill, yum. Or grilled veggie skewers.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    how about some hummus and veggies!!
  • WeightLossExperiment
    Options
    My husband is a total meat and potatoes kind of guy. He's watching his calories now too. When I make chicken or steaks, he still needs a filling/satisfying side. I usually prepare a smaller pasta Healthy Choice Steamer and we split it as a side. It's nice and hot but with low calories. It also cuts the sodium level in half since we are spliting it. It is possible to make a few of them and put them together in a bowl for your guests (if they like a more filling side dish). Just an alternative option to the fruits and veggies. :)
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I second the skewers.......shrimp, mushrooms, cherry tomatos, baby red potatoes cut in quarters,peppers, turkey meatballs, zucchini chunks maybe throw some cheese chunks on there too....marinate in fatfree italian dressing too.....YUM!

Pudding/yogurt fruit parfaits for dessert......

baked lays and light chip dip ( light cream cheese,lil skim milk, garlic sat, galic powder, onion powder)