Let's see some pics of your hobby / hobbies!

Options

Replies

• brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Mine is brewing beer. Here are some pics of my set up and brewing.

Wow, that is a seriously impressive setup! Which kinds of beer do you make?

I make every style, except hefe's and wit beers (since I don't like those LOL)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

So when you say every style...is that every style of American beer, or do you make European ones too? There are some fantastic beers here in the UK, especially some of the dark ones. We have a wonderful microbrewery about 10 minutes' walk from my house - not only do they produce some lovely beer but they will custom-make brew for you, and even print your own labels on it. Great stuff!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    366.jpg

I forge knifes. It's fun because I get to burn things and hit stuff and generally make a lot of noise. This one is almost done. It's made from a Honda coil spring, a brass candle holder thingy, burled maple, and elk antler.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of hobbies... not really the sort of person who just hangs around the house on the weekend for sure!

Here are my two biggest, BBQ and Fishing

mesmoker.jpg
    Me and the smoker my buddy and I built for our annual pig smokeout. 18 hours of smoking and the meat basically falls of the bone. I do a lot more small scale BBQ and am entering my first competition next weekend doing pulled pork.

mefishing.jpg
    Fishing is my first love... I do it anywhere and anytime. Here I am fishing for stripers at one of my favorite bay locations near the Jersey Shore. plenty of bluefish to catch there too. I do a lot of freshwater fishing also, but something about the salt air has me love the surf.

meicefish.jpg
    And since I like to fish so much, Ice fishing has become an obsession for me the past 4 years now. Once it gets cold I am heading up north to spend my day running around on an icecube to try to catch some fish. I do hunt also, but have always been a better fisherman, so once the ice comes in the bow and gun go away and out comes the auger!
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I love the outdoors, particularly fly fishing, camping , & traditional archery.
    KYTradFest2011.jpg
    TUFeb082.jpg
    Dang...I need to get some updated photos of me -54 lbs!

I am also a huge supporter of our troops sending mail and care packages since 2002 and volunteering with Project Healing Waters Fly FIshing which helps wounded warriors with rehab through fly fishing and fly tying.
    [imghttp://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n4/mkleder/2Fly2011.jpg[/img]
    Mossy2010a.jpg

And I kinda go overboard on Christmas decorating....particularly the outdoor lights.
    2006-4.jpg
    EdisonChristmas20071.jpg
    EdisonChristmas20076.jpg

And I collect handcrafted knives.
    RWWilsons.jpg
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    <----I like to hike and backpack/camp.

This is my bike that I ride at least thirty miles a week. I'm trying to hit 1,000 miles before winter. I love her so much and she is giving me great legs!

IMG_20110428_1624081.jpg
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I saw "Let's see some pics of your booby / boobies!" I am disappointed.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    nevermind, all my pictures from photobucket that aren't in the main first album say they have been moved or deleted even though they haven't.... sigh! I had a bunch of pictures of my garden!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

So when you say every style...is that every style of American beer, or do you make European ones too? There are some fantastic beers here in the UK, especially some of the dark ones. We have a wonderful microbrewery about 10 minutes' walk from my house - not only do they produce some lovely beer but they will custom-make brew for you, and even print your own labels on it. Great stuff!

Yeah I've brewed several UK styles. I generally prefer them in the winter months. I don't know why. Probably because they hops aren't as intense as the American styles.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I program....

Thanks, I needed an assembly calculator. :laugh: Where's the example run?

I'm almost finished with my masters in computer science, but I work mostly with java, but have dabbled in quite a few other languages.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've brewed several UK styles. I generally prefer them in the winter months. I don't know why. Probably because they hops aren't as intense as the American styles.

Actually, that makes perfect sense; in the summer I like something refreshing, such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro but in the colder months, I find UK beer to be much more 'hearty' and has more body (IMO), I suppose...plus it doesn't need to be chilled!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Actually, that makes perfect sense; in the summer I like something refreshing, such as Peroni Nastro Azzurro but in the colder months, I find UK beer to be much more 'hearty' and has more body (IMO), I suppose...plus it doesn't need to be chilled!
    in the summer I prefer a hoppy beer, nothing better on a hot day. I used to do quite a bit of brewing but I have not made a batch in a year or two.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Interesting topics
    Love taking pics of the kids...not computer savey since I can't figure out how to post here so all can see
    added to profiel...dd this weekend in the pool
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My hobby is photography, mostly nature/landscape photography. I love it but still have a lot to learn. I would love one day to turn it into something more than a hobby. My pics can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicurn/ . :happy:

Gorgeous photos, Cynthia! I hope you don't mind, but I added you as a contact on Flickr, so I can see more of your work. I hope you realise your ambition of making your hobby pay someday. :smile:

Thanks for adding me and thanks for the compliment. :happy:
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm a sailor...

savasana1.jpg
    My girl, Savasana

Sailing_Pics_010.jpg
    Not my boat, but the same make & model as mine.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My husband has his masters in computer science. He works for a surveying company and writes software for
    AutoCAD. Programming looks like Greek to me and I'll never understand how anyone could find that fun. lol
    I program....

Thanks, I needed an assembly calculator. :laugh: Where's the example run?

I'm almost finished with my masters in computer science, but I work mostly with java, but have dabbled in quite a few other languages.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It's so fun to see everyone's hobbies, etc! :) Stephanielynn- your daughter is darling and your pictures are really nice! I love the colors too!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    GAMING!!! I love playing video games :) Don't know if it i a hobby but I love it!

I also make my own invitations and love graphic design!

NzEYb.png

I made this invitation for my daughter's first birthday! I printed it at home on Fabriano heavy paper and radius the edges!
    I never buy invitations, greeting cards, envelopes, etc. I make them myself :)
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    This is a great thread!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    I love taking my dogs Geocaching!

kimber5-1.jpg
    kimber3.jpg
    kimber1.jpg
    kimber4.jpg