Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Finally punched through a plateau!!

piperelliott
piperelliott Posts: 20
edited September 19 in Success Stories
Something shocking happened last night & I'm really stoked about it. I've worked my way up to running a 5 mile course a couple times a week, generally completing the run in 46 - 48 minutes. For a couple weeks now I've had a goal of running that course in less than 45 minutes (it has 3 monster hills), but NO LUCK. :sad:

Well last night I felt great on the course. I just stayed relaxed and let things flow & didn't watch the watch. Low & behold, I ran the course in 41:36! Fully 5 minutes better than my previous personal record. What the heck? How does that happen? :bigsmile:

Anyway, it's just exciting to finally break through the wall of that plateau. So if you're banging your head against some wall yourself, just keep on bangin' and good things are bound to happen. Even a 46-year old who hasn't run on a consistent basis for 20 years can eventually punch through a wall!
:glasses:

Replies

• Something shocking happened last night & I'm really stoked about it. I've worked my way up to running a 5 mile course a couple times a week, generally completing the run in 46 - 48 minutes. For a couple weeks now I've had a goal of running that course in less than 45 minutes (it has 3 monster hills), but NO LUCK. :sad:

Well last night I felt great on the course. I just stayed relaxed and let things flow & didn't watch the watch. Low & behold, I ran the course in 41:36! Fully 5 minutes better than my previous personal record. What the heck? How does that happen? :bigsmile:

Anyway, it's just exciting to finally break through the wall of that plateau. So if you're banging your head against some wall yourself, just keep on bangin' and good things are bound to happen. Even a 46-year old who hasn't run on a consistent basis for 20 years can eventually punch through a wall!
    :glasses:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Way to go!! That's awesome!!

:drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: awesome!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    :drinker: Fantastic!

Just remember too, that once you relaxed and just "let it rip"....you did it! Sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves....if we just let it flow and enjoy it.....sometimes we achieve great things!

CONGRATULATIONS! :flowerforyou:
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Congratulations !:drinker: You run a lot faster that I do. I'm happy with my 11:30 /mile average on my 4 miles. I run 12-14 miles a week and have been running now for about 3 years. The ups and downs, injuries, setbacks are all worth it when you crash through a barrier like you did! Congrats again! :drinker:
  • Thanks Gang! You're right on the money HollyAnnH. Relaxing made a HUGE difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!