A day in the life of Lina....

Options
Pretty much, i'm always busy. If i'm not at work, i'm doing something else like cleaning the house, or taking Lilliana somewhere, or running an errand. You get the point. So yesterday while I was at work, Sal and I (over a phone conversation) decided that we were going to go to Costco when I get home.

I get off work, drive 45 minutes home and arrived just in time to find Sal in Lilliana's closet getting ready to dress her. As nice as possible, I tell him not to worry about it and to go get himself ready and that I will take care of our sweet little precious GIRL! I dress her, he's ready, we leave.

He got a sudden itch to get his son a cell phone while we were at Costco. Fine by me, i'll take the cart and walk around - I can spend 8 years in a Costco looking at every single item they have and taking 45 minutes each item to decide if whether I really needed that box of 80 different colored gel pens, etc. or not. I always do, even though I don't.

Lilliana decided to hate mommy last night and was acting like a freakin' hoodlum child. In an effort to keep her from throwing herself out of the cart and to stay quiet, I gave her a sucker I had in my purse. Yeah, that worked for 2 minutes until she wanted another one. Well of course that didn't go over well and I had to deal with the I don't want to take no for an answer drama queen fit. Awesome! I managed to keep her in the cart so that I could peak at these cool new no-spill kids mugs (because those are the things that I find cool now ). More screaming. More freaking out. More I want Babas, and 8 years later, Sal is finally done. And, i'm pissy. I'm not sure exactly what he did to piss me off, but he did something. So, I handed him the cart, and I went about my merry way inside of costco to explore the other half of the place I didn't get a chance to pull apart. I'm walking around Costco alone at this point feeling sorry for myself because I have a daughter that hates me and a husband that was annoying and I'm almost in tears. Nice.

I calm myself down from ultra pissy to pissy and I see Sal in the toy section. They had these huge animal rugs and I see him hand the Lion one to Lilliana. I walk my way closer to them and Lilliana, yeah, she's pretty intrigued my this big *kitten* Lion...for like 30 seconds. Then Sal says "Don't you want it?" and she says "No, no more" and he says "I thought you wanted it" and i'm thinking Yeah, she's not spoiled at all and he doesn't contribute to any of her spoildness. Then Lilliana is like "noo, no" and he says "You like it, I knew it, do you want me to buy it for you" and she's like "No, nope" and he goes "I'm going to walk away from the cart now and put the Lion away, are you suuuuure you don't want it?" and she continues to tell him no so he finally sets it down, at which point I think she sneezed or blinked twice and he jumps up and says "I knew it. You want it. I'll get it for you" (this is not a joke, this actually happened right before my eyes and everyone that was in costco last night [which happens to be everyone in the Dallas-FortWorth area for some reason]). So he grabs the Lion, brings it to the cart, she's saying no and I walk up and i'm like "For goodness sake, if you want the lion for yourself, just GET IT" - remember, i'm still pissy.

He sets the lion down and we move on to a yellow dump truck that makes noises and flashes its headlights and all sorts of cool things. Except this time, he convinces her that she wants it and I guess i'll admit that she actually did want it. I'm just thinking, she doesn't have to get a toy everytime we are out. WTF? But anways it's a lost battle at this point because had I opened my mouth, I would have cussed him and his mother out, so I just kept it shut and asked him if we could make our way to the cash register. We did, but for the love of God, everyone that was inside of Costco was checking out at the same time we wanted to check out and to make matters worse, each of them had their spouse, 45 kids, and 4 carts full of crap half of which they probably don't need (who really needs 80 different colored gel pens besides me?).

I had to take matters in to my own hands and asked Sal if he would wait for me with Lilliana by the door. I went through the cigarette aisle and managed to skip the 7 hours of waiting in line, and checked out in seriously 5 minutes without waiting at all because this awesome cashier (the light of my evening) scanned everything in our cart without taking it out. And, for the first time in history, we left costco and only spent $150. Beautiful.

We get in the car and Sal decides that he's going to be in this gloreous and perfect mood. It never happens, so why does it have to happen when i'm pissy? HUH? And I *kitten* you not, when we arrived to our neighborhood, he actually said "Oh look, the grass in the neighborhood is so pretty and green". I think I did end up cussing him out under my breath, I probably had a few choice words for his mamma too.

We got home. We ate dinner at 9pm. I went to sleep.

The end. :bigsmile:

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Pretty much, i'm always busy. If i'm not at work, i'm doing something else like cleaning the house, or taking Lilliana somewhere, or running an errand. You get the point. So yesterday while I was at work, Sal and I (over a phone conversation) decided that we were going to go to Costco when I get home.

I get off work, drive 45 minutes home and arrived just in time to find Sal in Lilliana's closet getting ready to dress her. As nice as possible, I tell him not to worry about it and to go get himself ready and that I will take care of our sweet little precious GIRL! I dress her, he's ready, we leave.

He got a sudden itch to get his son a cell phone while we were at Costco. Fine by me, i'll take the cart and walk around - I can spend 8 years in a Costco looking at every single item they have and taking 45 minutes each item to decide if whether I really needed that box of 80 different colored gel pens, etc. or not. I always do, even though I don't.

Lilliana decided to hate mommy last night and was acting like a freakin' hoodlum child. In an effort to keep her from throwing herself out of the cart and to stay quiet, I gave her a sucker I had in my purse. Yeah, that worked for 2 minutes until she wanted another one. Well of course that didn't go over well and I had to deal with the I don't want to take no for an answer drama queen fit. Awesome! I managed to keep her in the cart so that I could peak at these cool new no-spill kids mugs (because those are the things that I find cool now ). More screaming. More freaking out. More I want Babas, and 8 years later, Sal is finally done. And, i'm pissy. I'm not sure exactly what he did to piss me off, but he did something. So, I handed him the cart, and I went about my merry way inside of costco to explore the other half of the place I didn't get a chance to pull apart. I'm walking around Costco alone at this point feeling sorry for myself because I have a daughter that hates me and a husband that was annoying and I'm almost in tears. Nice.

I calm myself down from ultra pissy to pissy and I see Sal in the toy section. They had these huge animal rugs and I see him hand the Lion one to Lilliana. I walk my way closer to them and Lilliana, yeah, she's pretty intrigued my this big *kitten* Lion...for like 30 seconds. Then Sal says "Don't you want it?" and she says "No, no more" and he says "I thought you wanted it" and i'm thinking Yeah, she's not spoiled at all and he doesn't contribute to any of her spoildness. Then Lilliana is like "noo, no" and he says "You like it, I knew it, do you want me to buy it for you" and she's like "No, nope" and he goes "I'm going to walk away from the cart now and put the Lion away, are you suuuuure you don't want it?" and she continues to tell him no so he finally sets it down, at which point I think she sneezed or blinked twice and he jumps up and says "I knew it. You want it. I'll get it for you" (this is not a joke, this actually happened right before my eyes and everyone that was in costco last night [which happens to be everyone in the Dallas-FortWorth area for some reason]). So he grabs the Lion, brings it to the cart, she's saying no and I walk up and i'm like "For goodness sake, if you want the lion for yourself, just GET IT" - remember, i'm still pissy.

He sets the lion down and we move on to a yellow dump truck that makes noises and flashes its headlights and all sorts of cool things. Except this time, he convinces her that she wants it and I guess i'll admit that she actually did want it. I'm just thinking, she doesn't have to get a toy everytime we are out. WTF? But anways it's a lost battle at this point because had I opened my mouth, I would have cussed him and his mother out, so I just kept it shut and asked him if we could make our way to the cash register. We did, but for the love of God, everyone that was inside of Costco was checking out at the same time we wanted to check out and to make matters worse, each of them had their spouse, 45 kids, and 4 carts full of crap half of which they probably don't need (who really needs 80 different colored gel pens besides me?).

I had to take matters in to my own hands and asked Sal if he would wait for me with Lilliana by the door. I went through the cigarette aisle and managed to skip the 7 hours of waiting in line, and checked out in seriously 5 minutes without waiting at all because this awesome cashier (the light of my evening) scanned everything in our cart without taking it out. And, for the first time in history, we left costco and only spent $150. Beautiful.

We get in the car and Sal decides that he's going to be in this gloreous and perfect mood. It never happens, so why does it have to happen when i'm pissy? HUH? And I *kitten* you not, when we arrived to our neighborhood, he actually said "Oh look, the grass in the neighborhood is so pretty and green". I think I did end up cussing him out under my breath, I probably had a few choice words for his mamma too.

We got home. We ate dinner at 9pm. I went to sleep.

The end. :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thats what I call a weekend day out with the family!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you came out alive!!! :flowerforyou:

Much sympathy!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :tongue: You have no idea just how much I needed to read that now! I know we ALL have those kind of "daze" when it all starts out innocently enough, and somehow just turns nastier and more hellish at every turn :grumble:

Guess the old saying still holds true...
    s320x240
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    lol...:laugh: I love your stories:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It always seems like Costco brings out the worst in us all! The kids always seem cranky when we go (they HATE going to Costco), I always buy WAY more than what I needed (I've NEVER left Costco with a tab under $200), and there are always too many people. DH, however, loves going on the weekends to sample all the freebies :laugh: So, we don't go to Costco very often! :laugh: